Te27 Flare Installation

abbott

hey all, havent posted in a while but got a question!

i have a ke25 that appears to not be selling or barely have any interest! now I'm thinking of getting a couple of panels resprayed if i keep it so also thinking maybe its time to get some te27 about it!

my issue is that i want to put on te27 flares BUT i don't want to damage the standard guards in case i get defected and seeing as I'm not going to run it super low i don't see this being an issue clearance wise!

now having never had flares to look at in real life does anyone thing there would be a way to mount the without bolts, maybe an adhesive?

may seem like a dumb question but thought id ask

• Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

Sikaflex but wouldn't use double sided tape to hold flares on. My rear flares I cut the original rear flare off, welded the old inner guard to where the outer guard was and then used roofing self drilling screws because they have the rubber washer on them. Then for the fronts just cut off the old wheel arch and nut and bolt, although that's on a T18 and probably completely different to a ke20 haha.

Seeing as though the guards you use will be fibreglass, you either sikaflex or bolt them on.

The guard profile is slightly different from TE27 to KE25 but not insurmountable.

If I get keen, I'll try and post up some pics showing the differences between the two. My KE25 is not ideally situated at present for side on photos

I have used a special tape for this previously without a drama.

In the event you wanted to remove them , simply apply prepsall or glue removers and off the come with no paint issues.

You must make sure the surface is well cleaned before though.

Pm me if you want either the tape or a fast dry MSP Urathane adhesive .

All the good tapes are clear in colour and are VHB (very high bond) .

I have people using this tape for mounting gps sensors on the outside of earthmoving equipment etc.

This shows that the tape will perform well exposed to the elements.

12mm & 18mm sizes are the most popular.

Wurth do a power mount tape that will hold them no problems at all. I can't imagine the paint would love it however. It might be ok with some proper adhesive remover.

But at the end of the day the guards really are designed to be cut, you could see the original guard inside the flare if you don't.

• Downvote 1