Murds Back With An Ae111

Murd 55

Hey everyone I'm back, and in a corolla again finally!

Here is the new beast a stock as ae111 sprinter trueno. Bought her from QLD and drove her the 2000k's back home last weekend.

She only has 54,000ks on her and is pretty tidy, the inside more so than the paint anyway (lucky I'm an ex painter and can work some magic on her)

The only downside is that she is currently an auto, but we bought a gearbox clutch and flywheel with her and sourced the rest of the manual gear of an ae101 last weekend and bought new clutch master and slave yesterday so the conversion will be starting next weekend (have a jzx100 cruise today so this weekends no go) can't wait so over driving autos after having the cressida for so long!

Other plans apart from the conversion is obviously a bit of low down and some new shoes! Have got some coilys that were destined for partners ae93 racecar but fairly sure they are a straight bolt into the sprinter, so ill be stealing them.

Ive already thrown the stock crap speakers in the bin and the ancient stereo someone put in it is in the bin also. I got some pioneer and alpine bits to replace, and may take the sub out the cressy if no one wants to pay extra for me to leave it there as its only a couple weeks old.

Ne way here is a couple shitty iphone photos more will come in time =]

ojqp7l.jpg2ezgwp0.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Looks like a cool car ,ive never seen or heard of one.

So is it a import??

54ks thats buggar all if genuine.

good score :thumbsup:

AE111's are plentiful over here.

Yes it is an import.

Bianca what are you going to do with the auto stuff?

Wow small world. We picked it up on the 5th thou?

And yes is an import and 90% sure theyre genuine kms as it drives like brand new and motor is super tidy.

Not sure whats happening with the auto gear as of yet.

Wheels. Well its hard to find anything with good ofset not requiring spacers but new i did find some ssr sp3's but a bit more than i wanna spend. Other styles are thin multispokes. But most have around +40 offset and I'm after around a +25 in a 16X7.5

Wow small world. We picked it up on the 5th thou?

And yes is an import and 90% sure theyre genuine kms as it drives like brand new and motor is super tidy.

Not sure whats happening with the auto gear as of yet.

Wheels. Well its hard to find anything with good ofset not requiring spacers but new i did find some ssr sp3's but a bit more than i wanna spend. Other styles are thin multispokes. But most have around +40 offset and I'm after around a +25 in a 16X7.5

Yeah I meant last week, 5th was monday this week, this is actually the best 20v I have driven. Did you end up going to Terrys house or did you just do the exchange at the airport?

I may be interested in another 20v flex plate at the right price.

But most have around +40 offset and I'm after around a +25 in a 16X7.5

just need to know where to look :P

and just to tease you i have a set of 15x7's in +25 waiting to go on the seca ;)

and the coilovers should be a direct bolt on affair.

oh and welcome to the fwd ae chassis club, once you join you never really leave

Yeah. There are wheels around they are just expensive or crap :P but I'm sure ill find something soon. I am a fan of an aggressive stance and thats the big problem here. Lol.

Yeah. The more i drive it the more i love it.

Going to take it thru rego transfer this friday so we can get coilys in asap. Has a seized shock in the back so is a bit bouncy. Lol.

• 2 weeks later...

So an update is due the slush box is gone =]

It was a new experience for me completely as ive not done anything like it before but it was fun. There were a few hiccups with parts and stuff but thats life.

So the first milestone was getting the slush box out which we achieved without too much trouble.

IMG_1565.jpg

The next thing to do was to strip out the flex plate? and replace with a flywheel and clutch, well thats all well and good but the flywheel supplied with the gearbox was completely not the right one, not even close, so we pinched the one of my partners ae93 20v so now i have a lightened flywheel, and then figured may as well use the hd clutch from his car also, the one we got with the box was fine but figured what the hell.

IMG_1569.jpg

Then was the pain in the ass of getting the box onto the motor, after much swearing we got there, the motor angle was all wrong and I'm sure my partner wished he had a dude to help but he was stuck with me.

IMG_1573.jpg

Then was the next issue. The rear gearbox mount, or side i don't know. the one closest to the battery. well the auto mount has no hope of fitting, so we went to u pull it and got a manual mount of an ae101, still no good as ae101's have the top part of the bracket spot welded to the chassis so a bit of time with a grinder and a welder we managed to make our own, using the auto gearbox mount and a piece of the manual mount. was a great coincidence that the auto mount hole lined up with a hole on the box which made life much easier.

IMG_1577.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

After we had the box in my partner finally let me start to work on the interior components, so firstly i got the linkages in and he got them hooked up on the box.

We then has tonnes of fun drilling into the firewall for the clutch master, being sarcastic no fun at all. had to drill from the inside of the car as there was zilch room even with the itb cover and one of the plastic trumpets out of the way a drill was never going to go in there.

IMG_1574.jpg

After this i then got the clutch pedal mounted, when we bled it found id forgotten to do the top bolt, discovered as the firewall flexed like crazy so had another look and felt pretty stupid.

The brake pedal was a whole other headache, because i assumed i just needed the pedal it didnt fit properly and gave me all kinds of headaches so we ended up just cutting down the auto pedal to suit. I gave it a bit of a bend in the press as its kinked to get it further from the accelerator, i probably only moved it about a cm closer, and didnt really need to at all but i did anyway.

Now to the wiring, well speedo was easy the auto plug fits the manual box, simple. As was the neutral switch found the wired attached them together and no problemo. The only thing we havent finished is the reverse lights as we couldnt get it working, but with a little hunting for the correct wiring info I'm sure it wont be too hard.

Put her all back togeteher and got the fluids in her and took her for a spin, F&*K me they fly. After having a ke55 with practically no power this thing is like a rocket, even compared to my cressy, but we wont go there. The syncros are a little worn but for how i drive most of the time its not that noticeable.