K Series Exhaust Manifolds

Andy43

Does anyone know what's avaliable in K series exhaust manifolds that were used on fork lifts ?

Our racing rules state no extractors and on mod's to the exhaust manifold, no heat sheilds other than OEM.

I'm looking for a manifold that doesn't pre heat the base of the carby and would flow simlar to oem dual outlet, in that endless quest of horsepower.

Cheers

Andy

Members dont see this ad

I doubt the forklift ones would be any better andy. Being in a more confined space I dare say they'd worse!

Imho I reckon the dual outlet ke55 ones are the best of the stock systems. Almost like 4>2>1 extractors with a flange in the middle.

...and I was just about to say I've never seen a stock system without the hotbox....but I have! 7ke's still bolt to the bottom of the inlet manifold, but the don't have a hotbox opening in the top of the exhaust. Not 100% sure but I think they're a dual system too.

We've talked speedway dads before haven't we andy? Did you see someone spent $1300 on a set of k series roller rockers a month or two ago?

Beaten....lol

I was actually going to suggest finding that thread as I knew it had pics of the ex mani.

Oh and 7ke's have much larger ex ports too! If you can be bothered searching I posted a pic once of a 7ke manifold gasket next to a 3kbp head once.

Edited by Taz_Rx

Yeh Si I'm the speedway guy from vic, got 2 kids racing now, double the damage.

Yep saw em too 1300 bucks on 3k rocker gear, 4age or 3sge better option, Seen Datto 1200 dual outlet exhaust manafolds sell for $1000 to speedway guys thats just as bad..

Saw the pix of the 7k manafold looks like single outlet so no go.

Might need to custom make that triangle gaskit, and make it one solid shape, Any suggestions here ? copper ? Alumimumim ect ect.

Hi,

Had a look through my pictures can't find it BUT....

KE10 twin carby engines had the best exhaust.

No polution rubbish so no funny casting issues.

Next best thing twin carby models had water heated manifolds...the exhaust has no massive crap hole and jsut had studs that attached it to manifold for vibrations etc.

Now the twin carby KE1X motor had dual outlet 4-2-1 system not 4-1... This would be the go.

Good luck finding one but I found one for my KE15 cracked :( And I destroyed it welding it so mmm now hangs on shed wall to say I have one for ke15 but thats all it will ever do.

Think there is a thread up atm here with KE1X sales brochures...one of these should have engine pic of SL1100 motor have a close look at manifold ;)

Cameron