Ae80 2Ac 9.54L/100Km Wtf ?

Addicted

I have bought and got running a Corolla AE80 2ac Automatic and combined driving it is giving me nearly 10/100 fuel wise, are these things that f*&king thirsty timing is on 0deg per bonnet sticker. drives smoothly with as much power as you could expect, running shell 98. It is not stop start capital city wise as I am bush but you do get 60km/h signs. Air filter is good, plugs replaced oil is decent not getting soot or crap through it. Trans isn't missing a beat. no a/c

Any ideas.

Please help

Members dont see this ad

speedo says 161K but I am getting the valve clearances done as she is a bit tappy, uses no oil, either hard life or wound back speedo my guess so not sure

Will try the timing as soon as the rain eases up, I have a light . will see how 10 goes Thanks for answering will post how it goes

I can get 10-12 or 8-10

Bit of wear in the dizzy, what is it like with the light on the coil lead. That will flash all cylinders and you will see 1 and 4. Probably also wandering a few degrees.

The auto will soak up quite a bit, your 10L/100 would turn into 8L/100 if it was manual I reckon. I assume the tyres are kept over 30psi, so you're stuck with carb ideas/problems. See if the float level is adjustable, maybe you can lean it a fraction there, and reset the idle mixure to lean it back if you can.

light is almost on on the coil lead, tyres are at 37, seems to give the best handling (they are the 14 inch seca pizza rims) I agree the auto will chew what 20 % power will the change in timing make a difference, I'd be happy with 8 around town, best I have got is 8.4L I had the timing on 5-7 originally but on the third tank of fuel it was continually pinging so I went back to factory and the pinging was not so full on... could this of been a crook tank of fuel ? Thank you for your Help, with being made redundant I need to try and get this thing running the best I can

When you're setting the timing, are you disconnecting/sealing the vacuum line on the distributor that is closest to the radiator? Ignition timing for a 2AC A/T is 10 degrees BTDC at 900rpm, according to a sticker from Toyota the idle mixture screw is preset & sealed at factory. Adjustment during tune-up is not recommended. :)

the question also is, why are you running 98 with 0 timing?

you might need 98 with 10ish degrees, but with 0 91 would be fine...

if valve clearances are shite this will also affect it...

The 4a (presume the 2a also) suggests to run 98 but I have also never seen one state 0 degrees.

Exactly which is why I asked on the k's to which he replied that he is getting the tappets done.