Bob's Ke15 Resto

airocobra

Suppose I should start a build thread . Even though I am probably not going to start the build for 6 months or more . Plenty of time to collect the bits I need. In the middle of a AE86 RESTO so it is taking all my time and money.

So here is the plan , I am going to build it to peroid goodness , but not going to be anal about KE15 Exactness . She already has had a 3k engine and a later 4 speed gearbox fitted. Plus the horrendous , non adjust drums have been replace with KE17 disc set up. Car is only going to be a weekender on Historic Rego , so I will freshen the 3K , mid cam , twin asian and reco suspension and diff and drive line.

Back to bare metal respray , a few rust area,s to fix ( good excuse to get a better Welder ) . Re-do interior , carpets ,rear seats ,all new rubbers , roof lining etc etc . Already found a great set of AW11 MR2 seats for the front .

It came with a set of Mazda 6" x 13" steelies . Thinking of stripping and powder coating and adding a nice set of chrome dress rims.

The major thing that are missing are ---- no dash pad , no intrument cluster , and a few badges missing.

Anyhow early days yet ,will update post as things develop.

IMG_2396.jpg

IMG_2401.jpg

P8240202.jpg

Edited by airocobra

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

626 rims you recon , thought they where Mazda , but didn't know what model . Need a spare so I know what to chase now . Thanks!

yeah mate, they are the early 626 rims.

the later ones had a sort of 'X' pattern.

will try find a link.

and from memory i think they are 13x5.5"?

Yeah the second ones are a bit dog poo ( opps sorry if any one running them ) . The 1st one is the go. Reckon I will powder coat the rims gloss black and a nice dish chromed dress rim will look the goods on a dark toyota red ( early AE86 SPRINTER COLOR ) . Funny enough the same color as sons AE86 and the present build AE86. That way I can have a farther and son thing happening with the cars as well.

IMG_0249.jpg

This the color I am going to paint the KE15

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Little up date -- still 6 to 8 months away from a real start on this resto ( still to finish AE86 no2 ) But I ave been collecting bits , rubbers , suspension , indicators ,interior bits etc etc . The more important finds so far are these ------

P2080001_zps0054b53b.jpg

slcluster_zps630d08ca.jpg

IMG_4009_zpsd0c43f53.jpg

Edited by airocobra

The Dash pad came from Melb , Dash cluster from Adelaide , Carbs from SYD . Almost everything else from Asia and the good old USA.

Still after a sprinter badge for the boot, but not willing to pay the silly price from the guy in Spain. If I could find a broken one or borrow one I could make a mold and manufacture a few. Heard a rumour that a guy on Face book was about to do the same . Might what and if his is not silly $$$$ , buy one off him.,