Help Out With The 5K In With A 7K

starky

Hi guys.

I'm new to the toyota family. I have recently purchased a Suzuki Sierra and it has a 5K lump in it. Apparently the engine and gearbox were both sourced form a liteace.

The little motor goes great but on start up and after idiling for a minute when you take off it leaves a great cloud of smoke. so for the expense of re-conditioning the head i was thinking of just shoving in a good second hand motor.

My question is will a 7k just bolt straight in?????? or will i have to modify stuff???

Also does anyone know the weight difference between these engines???

Cheers Starky

Members dont see this ad

motor is strong but for the money of reconditioning the head i can scource a 2nd hand 7k then reap the benifit's of lower rpm torque.

Sump clearance should not be a problem as it is a 4x4 plenty of room.

Mainly concerned that my gearbox and clutch will bolt up to it!

7K engine block is wider, not by heaps but it is wider (about 10mm), so mounts will need to change. Most people seem to make the 7K fit in corolla bays by shimming the engine up slightly so the sump doesnt hit the x member. Unsure of the clearance you have in the zook. The 3/4/5K sumps will not fit.

As for the weights, no idea. 7K def heavier but by how much who knows.

Just source an intake manifold from a 3k bigport head, pretty much the same size ports as the 7k, nor expensive.

7ke inlet ports are close to 3kbp - 7ke are oval and 3kbp are round. 7ke exhaust ports are also bigger. 7kc however have exactly the same size inlet and exhaust ports as 3k/4k/5k.

Check your clearance over the crossmember now with the 5k.... If you've got at least 20-30mm around the back of the sump you should be fine.

As for the gearbox - bolt your current flywheel and clutch kit onto the 7k and the gearbox will bolt straight up. ;)

:2thumbs: this is the info i have been hoping for thanks guys.\

sounds like a easy straight forward bolt it apart fron spacing 1 engine mount which is easy??

Still no one with engine weight info???? would love to compare it to the stock suzuki weight!

Hey just putting another question out there.

I have just found a reasonably priced 7ke EFI engine

Is there anything special needed to put this in? or do i just get the complete loom and ECU power it up and away we go????

I know with newer cars this is not the case because of BCM's ect

but hoping coz it comes out of a old van it will work with out much need of an auto sparky