Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Sister Wrote Off Her Car

Featured Replies

My younger sister owns a 1990 Corolla Seca which was a nice little runabout. Unfortunately she had an accident the other day (she drove in front of a van coming down a hill with a bullbar) and wrote her car off. She only had insurance to cover the other car, not hers. The engine is all good, as is the gearbox and supposedly the aircon compressor, and everything from the A-pillar back is untouched.

 

The wrecking company that came and picked it up (and has the monopoly on towtrucks up here) won't buy it as they've already got three in the yard (supposedly), so we've got to ask around other wreckers to see what we can get. One company is going to check the car out and get back to us with an offer, and another company we tried said that the car wouldn't be worth much, and without checking it out they'd give us about $50-70. $50-70!?!?!?!

 

I called the wreckers that picked the car up before going to visit them and asked how much they'd sell me a 4A-F motor for (like the one in her car) and they said $770 plus another $400-500 if I wanted a gearbox! What f@$king gall the arseholes have to offer $50-70. I'm f@$king FURIOUS!!!

 

If anyone wants some parts for an AE92 Corolla Seca, please get in touch with me as we'll accept just about any offer (preferably if you take the whole car). Here's a pic below:

 

post-397-1140406877_thumb.jpg

You get that with wreckers.

Deffinately better of wrecking it yourself

if you have the time and space.

Three door windows is all they had to sell to turn

a profit on the KE30 I had no room for. :D

What wankers.

 

Hope your sis is ok.

  • Author

My sister was fine. The van just clipped the front left corner and ripped the bumper and some stuff from behind it away. The bumper was still mostly in one piece, but had a few cracks in it.

 

My sister still claims that she couldn't see the van when she checked and that he must have been speeding to have hit her. I agree that if she couldn't see him when she checked he would have been speeding, but I don't know how well she checked.

Not to worry man...

 

Main thing is that she is ok...

 

Wreckers are a profit run business, thats why they offer crap money for you...

I'm glad to here your sis is ok.. I'm sorry to hear about the accident and that sucks with the offer they gave you for the car as is! They'll make more on parts for it, but hey.. it's a doggy dog world these days. Well, I hope you can clear out some parts on here

Edited by Tiger

Good hit Sunshine, Thats over the fence and out!!

A mate of mine buys worse damaged cars than that, and repairs them... He's a gun, and all his repairs come out looking like new. How he does it, I don't know. Clever Bastard.

Wow. That's schmick. Wouldn't even know it would ya.

 

My mates FX-GT had undergone a new front end before he got it. They just unstitched the old one and replaced it with another front end. Looks so good you wouldn't even know.

Edited by AE35

Wouldn't that bubble have been written off???

Damn thats good work... very very fine work. I need someone to put a new roof on a ZC... better start learning quickly :locked:

  • Author

UPDATE: She ended up selling the car to her boyfriend's brother for $70 and buying a 1992 Holden Barina 5-door auto for $2800. I haven't seen the new car yet but I definitely don't have very high hopes. The brother is going to drop the drivetrain into a shell he picked up for about $400. Bastard. That's what I would have done if I'd had the space, cash and time.

  • Author

1992 Holden Barina. I'm hoping this will be a good car. She only needs it for while she's at uni and she can save for a replacement car, something far newer and better quality.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.