My Sister Wrote Off Her Car

ancullen

My younger sister owns a 1990 Corolla Seca which was a nice little runabout. Unfortunately she had an accident the other day (she drove in front of a van coming down a hill with a bullbar) and wrote her car off. She only had insurance to cover the other car, not hers. The engine is all good, as is the gearbox and supposedly the aircon compressor, and everything from the A-pillar back is untouched.

The wrecking company that came and picked it up (and has the monopoly on towtrucks up here) won't buy it as they've already got three in the yard (supposedly), so we've got to ask around other wreckers to see what we can get. One company is going to check the car out and get back to us with an offer, and another company we tried said that the car wouldn't be worth much, and without checking it out they'd give us about $50-70. $50-70!?!?!?!

I called the wreckers that picked the car up before going to visit them and asked how much they'd sell me a 4A-F motor for (like the one in her car) and they said $770 plus another $400-500 if I wanted a gearbox! What f@$king gall the arseholes have to offer $50-70. I'm f@$king FURIOUS!!!

If anyone wants some parts for an AE92 Corolla Seca, please get in touch with me as we'll accept just about any offer (preferably if you take the whole car). Here's a pic below:

post-397-1140406877_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

My sister was fine. The van just clipped the front left corner and ripped the bumper and some stuff from behind it away. The bumper was still mostly in one piece, but had a few cracks in it.

My sister still claims that she couldn't see the van when she checked and that he must have been speeding to have hit her. I agree that if she couldn't see him when she checked he would have been speeding, but I don't know how well she checked.

I'm glad to here your sis is ok.. I'm sorry to hear about the accident and that sucks with the offer they gave you for the car as is! They'll make more on parts for it, but hey.. it's a doggy dog world these days. Well, I hope you can clear out some parts on here

Edited by Tiger

Wow. That's schmick. Wouldn't even know it would ya.

My mates FX-GT had undergone a new front end before he got it. They just unstitched the old one and replaced it with another front end. Looks so good you wouldn't even know.

Edited by AE35

UPDATE: She ended up selling the car to her boyfriend's brother for $70 and buying a 1992 Holden Barina 5-door auto for $2800. I haven't seen the new car yet but I definitely don't have very high hopes. The brother is going to drop the drivetrain into a shell he picked up for about $400. Bastard. That's what I would have done if I'd had the space, cash and time.