January 29, 201313 yr comment_645410 Hi all, I'm buying a '78 Ke30, the owner insists that its only done 56 000 original K's. As I'm pretty sure the clock only goes to 99 999, is there any way to know or see how many times the clock has been around ? The exterior of the car is in near minnt condition. Interior has cracking on top of rear seats, no dash damage. Engine also has minor oil leaks. Cheers, Mus. Edited January 29, 201313 yr by ma786 Report
January 29, 201313 yr comment_645412 I belive the answer to your question is no. its just a rotary dial, that goes around and around, and when it gets to 99999, it goes to 00000 next. Just rememeber you are talking about a 35yr old car, even 156,000kms is pretty good (~4500km/year), even 256,000 is pretty good! (~7400km/year). engines and driveline are easily replaced, its just interior, paint and rust that is a real pain. Report
January 29, 201313 yr comment_645419 Unless it's got a full service history which they can supply that has odometer readings. How many owners? Doesnt the odometer reading get registered every change of hands. Revs check? Check how worn the accelerator pedal rubber is. Edited January 29, 201313 yr by B.L.Z.BUB Report
January 29, 201313 yr comment_645431 Revs check will tell you the last known km's. But even then I told the guy at my work when I first regoed my T18 it was 12x,xxxkms but he just wrote what he saw on the odometer at the time, but last known kms could give you some idea depending on what it was last time, I.E last odo reading was more than what it is now. Report
January 29, 201313 yr comment_645449 Everythng would look clean and unscratched really, all the internal plastic door panels, carpets. You just have to compare it to other similar aged cars you've looked at, and when you drive it everything should be tight- gearchange, clutch, steering, brakes... Report
January 29, 201313 yr Author comment_645476 Appreciate the help guys. The car is actually in melbourne while I'm in sydney. My mate will have a look at it tomorrow and if he likes it we'll buy it and get it freighted. Apparently the current owner has owned it for 6 months and said he bought it off a 70yo couple who had had it since new. I did a REVS check but as its an old car their system didnt return any data, other than the fact that its currently registered and has no money owing on it. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now