Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miata Suspension Inside A Ke30/te31

Featured Replies

  • Author

I must be using the search functions incorrectly but I can't find any measurements on the ke30 or te31. Could anybody point me in the right direction? Lord knows when I'll get one of these cars in my posession, and if I do... It might not have anything in it. Thanks guys! I'm looking for the measurements of the rear axle, front subframe and the two strut mounting points. I already have the basic dimensions of the wheel wells and the basic wheelbase, width etc.

 

Lucio

I'd say the doing it the morris minor way would be your best bet.

 

IF it is legal, I'd be more inclined to build the car much like a nascar/funnycar setup.

 

Use the MX5 chassis with body removed (so basically a rolling driving floor pan)

 

Remove the "body" of the KE30 (so you basically have the life size equivelant of an RC shell)

 

Add structural roll cage (made to fit within the restrictions of the KE30 body) that essentially replaces any strength normally supplied by the body construction as well as provides impact protection.

 

Drop KE30 body onto the lot, fab some infill panels, etc etc. (obviously you would drop the body on and off many many times when stripping and then building the cage)

 

Would technically exist as an MX5 then, no dicking about with remaking rails and suspension mounting points (lots more dicking round with bodys and temporary braces etc though)

  • Author

Thanks orange. You pretty much summed up everything nice and tidy. I'll be dicking around a lot... I'm excited to take on such a grueling task.

Think you will find that in the morris minor example he most definitely did cut the floor!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.