Help! Help Me Identify These Struts!

Hi there.

I purchased a set of Coilovers for my 1979 Corona (rt134) from T3. I got these in the mail. what car are they from? i already waited quite a while for them and would rather use them instead of waiting a few more weeks.

The ones in question are on the right. My stock ones are on the left...

any ideas?

Thanks.

post-17915-0-24023700-1359765182_thumb.jpeg

Edited by CoolestDudeEver

Members dont see this ad

Looks like ae86 or ra40 type, without measuring angles you can't really tell. Both will be geometrically correct in an xt13xchassis afaik if run at the right ride height. What exactly did you order? In performance terms the bolt on style caliper bracket is desirable over the cast type as you can make brake brackets for the struts that adapt any caliper, without having to modify the strut. Id consider it an upgrade, unless you just wanted to put your stock brakes back on as is.

Just as an idea, perhaps ask techno toy tuning what they sent you, as I'm sure you'd get a more positive response than the guesswork we could only provide.

Also, I'm very negative about people jumping on forums and potentially bagging out businesses before they've even made contact with the business, with regards to rectification. Many times people just stop communication out of some butt-hurt pride issue if a mistake is made and ultimately miss out on any help they deserved by publicly defaming said suppliers and burning that bridge.

So call Gabriel and Gia and sort it out, they are easy to deal with. Let us know how you go.

Thanks.

I ordered RT134 coilovers since they happened to have the casings already...

I contacted T3 and spoke with Gabe. He doesnt know what they are either. They are stamped with RT134 but thats incorrect. I just thought id ask on here because id like to use these if possible since I've waited so long for them already.

Hes been super helpful and will gladly build another set with my stock casings but it be easier to just figure out a way to use these and if its relatively inexpensive, have him cover that cost...

ideally id like to get an adapter to use my stock brakes but without knowing what i currently have, i don't know where to start...

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

don't think so.

RA40s have a plate that bolts on between the strut and the hub that has 2 bolts to mount brake caliper to.

I'm just not sure which strut I actually have...

Corona on the left and RA40 on the right. You can see the plate that the brake caliper mounts to on the right.

Differentmounts.jpg

Edited by CoolestDudeEver

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...