Victorian Motorkhana Championship 2013

carbonboy

About a year & a half ago, our Club President had a bit of a rant about teenagers not being skilled on our roads, then getting their licence & subsequently killing themselves on our roads. He passed on his article to CAMS, as he was a little ticked off with watching all the road deaths on the news etc. Well, together with what others have been saying to them, J Race has been set up as a way to introduce some basic car driving skills to these teenagers in a relatively safe environment.

TCCAV together with the Ford Four Car Club will be jointly hosting the first round of the Victorian Motorkhana Championship & the first J Race sessions for 2013 at the Werribee Motorkhana complex, Gilman Reserve. This is an important and effective way to teach the youth in our club some basic skills. Just quietly, I had no problem with handing the keys to BT to the 15yr old son of a Club Member & hopped in the passenger seat. I'm not pretending to be an instructor, just wanted to give him a go, give him a taste so he'll bug his Dad for his own car. :P

I myself am not a teenager, those days are long gone. But like most people, I probably think that I'm a better driver than I really am. So to build & improve upon some skills (while having some of the most fun you can have with pants on), I will be entering as many VMC events as I can make it to this year, whether they be dirt or tarmac.

The first round is on Sunday 24th February, spectators are more than welcome to come down for a look. I'll try to get some photos & video on the day & make sure to upload it for peoples amusement.

VMC Calender

I'll keep this thread updated with results etc throughout the season, if you want/need more details on an event just send me a PM & I can point you in the right direction. By the way, I'll be doing this in my daily driver, should be fun! :D

Edited by carbonboy

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet, Rollaclub represent! The Mount Gambier event may be fun to get to & from... :blinks:

Speaking of brakes, I'd better stock up on some bits & have a talk with my tyre guy. It's quite easy to chew a new set in one tarmac event as I found out the hard way.

Edited by carbonboy

Bump your pressures up. Found that helped with the life of the tyres.

By the way, congrats for having a go at the VMC. They were a great bunch of blokes back in the day. Except Redwrf of course, he didnt share the winning around :P

Edited by coln72

Bump your pressures up. Found that helped with the life of the tyres.

By the way, congrats for having a go at the VMC. They were a great bunch of blokes back in the day. Except Redwrf of course, he didnt share the winning around :P

Bump up the pressures for tarmac, drop pressures for dirt?

They still seem like a good bunch of people, although I suspect that their willingness to help may drop off if they start getting beaten. :lol: It would be awesome if Stu enters, as then there'd be potential to take some points away from Batch. As I'm FWD, I'm in a different category in the VMC, but for the Theo Wintels Trophy it's a case of an all-in-brawl. :)

Haha. I wont be getting anywhere near batch, but ill try to go as quick as I can.

This will probably be the first and last dirt event for Godfrey. Not sure if the HKS turbo will like the dust diet!!

I'm currently looking into an LSD for my BT50, thinking of doing the dirt events in the mighty oil burner daily.

Haha. I wont be getting anywhere near batch, but ill try to go as quick as I can.

This will probably be the first and last dirt event for Godfrey. Not sure if the HKS turbo will like the dust diet!!

I'm currently looking into an LSD for my BT50, thinking of doing the dirt events in the mighty oil burner daily.

mmmmmmm dirt plus turbo - sounds scary

But I didn't win either.........................

I'm not planning to either, having fun & not breaking things is my agenda. If I don't come dead last, bonus! :yes:

This I'd love to see/passenger ride in!

I'm not planning to either, having fun & not breaking things is my agenda. If I don't come dead last, bonus! :yes:

mmmmmm, breaking things. Didnt do much damage at VMC events as the grounds used are generally pretty good. Club events though cost me three diffs, a cracked subframe, cracked strut tops............

sorta happens when you get airbone :yes:

Nice broken-things count, dare I ask whereabouts you got airborne at? I'm hoping I won't have to, but if anything does break, I have a shed full of TC parts to replace/upgrade Blue Thing with. :)

Thankyou coln72 & Redwarf for the tips, I'll make sure to suss out what tyre pressures the others are running while I can take advantage of being the 'new guy'. :yes:

I'm hoping you're right R, I'll do my best to uphold some FWD pride!

I once won a bitumen motorkhana outright in a borrowed X3 Excel. (okay, I may have fitted semi's to it, but it was still an Excel....).FWD is fast. Remember you don't have to lift off while using the handbrake, and "big circles" are your friend.

You'll be fine. :)

Edited by Redwarf

Nice broken-things count, dare I ask whereabouts you got airborne at? I'm hoping I won't have to, but if anything does break, I have a shed full of TC parts to replace/upgrade Blue Thing with. :)

Thankyou coln72 & Redwarf for the tips, I'll make sure to suss out what tyre pressures the others are running while I can take advantage of being the 'new guy'. :yes:

I'm hoping you're right R, I'll do my best to uphold some FWD pride!

Ballarat airport doing a khanacross. Things sorta dried out during the day and a hump that was flat out during the morning wasnt in the arvo. Take off didnt do much damage, but the landing............

I'll back up Rob on the FWD thing. Ballarat Light Car Club had a Camira as a junior car. It would place outright in Autocrosses on occasion, knocking off some of the AWD's.

Edited by coln72

Rear shoes are perfect, just need adjusting. Going over a few things today, to figure out why it's so slow. I found it's only getting 3/4 throttle and it had no ignition advance at idle. All fixed, list of things now are check front pads, re torque head bolts and quick oil change!!

I'm hanging out for this.