Victorian Motorkhana Championship 2013

carbonboy

I'm sorry Colin, old habits from bitter KE70 memories breaking out. I assure you I've been brought around regarding the K engines, right motor, right chassis etc :yes:

I knew I'd stuff up Godfreys code Stu, sorry... *facepalm*

Details will be in the newsletter & the forms can be found here. A CAMS L2 NS is the minimum licence requirement for insurance purposes, also bring your club-membership card. :y:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew I'd stuff up Godfreys code Stu, sorry... *facepalm*

Details will be in the newsletter & the forms can be found here. A CAMS L2 NS is the minimum licence requirement for insurance purposes, also bring your club-membership card. :y:

Meh it's a ke10 with a bigger engine and different tail lights. I've been known to tell people it's a series 2 ke10 haha. All good.

Now to finish license and entry form and I'm ready!! Is Frank organizing it?

I re-evaluated my opinions on K motors when I heard a red open-wheeler with a 3K screaming its lungs out down the main straight at the Phillip Island Historics a few years back. ;) I still have trouble telling the bloody difference between models though. :(

Yep, he'll be the Course Coordinator on the day, this is his baby.

Edit: Supp Regs for the VMC Round 3 at Deniliquin can be found here.

Edited by carbonboy

I attended a Group 5 Twilight event in Werribee yesterday, didn't compete, just acted as a timekeeper (brought my own dust-mask). But I did have a chat to a few people about the Deni Autocross... Damn you people & your convincing arguments regarding levels of fun! *shakes fist*

So, making arrangements to camp at the grounds or at a caravan park within staggering distance of the RSL Club (quoting BdB on that one) to keep costs down. Thinking of heading up on the Friday night & driving back the Sunday afternoon. Entry forms & Supp Regs for the Deniliquin Autocross Event can be found by clicking the links & a Google Maps location of the event grounds can be found here.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I am no longer able to make it to Deniliquin this weekend, a combination of mechanical dramas with BT & things to deal with in my personal life meant I had to pull the pin. Annoying, as I was really looking forward to this event, but hey, that's how life goes right?

On a happier note, I received a phone call out of the blue from a fellow TCCAV member, offering me their car to drive in the motorkhana. Blown away by the generosity of this offer, but unable to take it up sadly.

• 2 weeks later...

They are pretty good, so good in fact that they held a FREE to members motorkhana practice day today in Werribee. The next round at Sandown is bitumen, but I'm making up for what I missed! We practiced a few courses, took a lunch break & set up some tandem straight-slaloms (just shortened by a few flags).

Here's a link to the YouTube playlist of videos of the days antics:

, while someone was kind enough to take some action shots. There's a flag in that dust, somewhere.

post-5437-0-72283100-1367749436_thumb.jpg post-5437-0-21134700-1367749463_thumb.jpg

G'day, i see there's one on in june at shepp, i would have thought about bringing my vt as i'm not too far away, but its on the same day as the saloon cars at winton, i was hoping to have the car ready for winton but not gonna happen... but i guess i'd better go watch them anyway, would love to have a go at this in something one day, looks like fun :y:

Howdy! Cheers for reminding me about the June event, I haven't been to DECA since Springnats when I had my KE70...now I think about it, that's 10 years ago! Also just realised Round 4 is at Sandown this Sunday...Mothers Day...bugger! Will link the Entry Form/Supp Regs at some point soon.

A shame you won't have your car ready for Winton, you're always more than welcome to stop by an event any time. I can vouch that it's good, cheap fun & having a gutless POS of a car doesn't mean you can't keep the other drivers on their toes. :wink:

A little disappointed I didn't have a white KE11 to run against in the Novice class today... :sob:

Round 4 today at Sandown was quite good, we could see a sprint day on the actual race circuit going on, while we were in the Jockeys Carpark. :laff: There was a fair bit of loose gravel over the bitumen surface, so grip wasn't 100% & some good slides were possible, handbrake assisted in my case. Again, I had a WD (on the the Tophat of all courses...) & collected a few flags along the way, at least I didn't smash a side mirror on the flagpoles this time.

The videos from today can be found

, the smoother surface helped quality a little but I'm still going to have to get a GoPro or similar that can take the bumps/jolts.

post-5437-0-26493000-1368346106_thumb.jpg post-5437-0-98816300-1368346141_thumb.jpg

One day Blue Thing, you can play with the big boys. Until then, you're stuck playing in the carpark!

post-5437-0-66773200-1368346176_thumb.jpg

The owner of the white Liberty was driving an Evo 6, that blew its rear diff on the second course. So he drove his daily instead so he & his mate could continue to compete in the same class. Good stuff I say! :y:

post-5437-0-13268000-1368346213_thumb.jpg

Tarmac takes a toll on tyres...

post-5437-0-70124700-1368346249_thumb.jpg

Edited by carbonboy

I can't imagine those two runs would've been too fast, fun perhaps but not fast with all that wheelspin :P

I'm not game to run those tyres again, too many handbrake manaouvres. Have a few spare tyres stockpiled, hopefully enough to get me through the rest of the year. May get some semi-slicks for lolz :D