Victorian Motorkhana Championship 2013

carbonboy

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did what now? :blinks: The field numbers were down a little compared to the usual 50, 34-35 I think, then again the photo below sort of shows why. No, not the Honda...the weather was less than desirable but on the upside, Corollas have awesome heaters! I stayed away from the time-sheets unlike last round, things are more fun this way. :)

Thankyou for coming across Colin, great to catch up with you again. If only noone was around, we could've taken the KIA for a blast around the carpark! ;)

post-5437-0-79646500-1374318505_thumb.jpg

While the rest upload, sneaky teaser video.

Squeaky wipers :P

Would of needed to make the gaps between the cones a tad bigger to squeeze the grand carnival between them ;) managed a bit of a rally stage on the way home to keep the kids happy :)

Edited by coln72

Lots of grinding noises from the front end on full lock too, g'day wheel-arch plastics :(

I meant when they were all packed up, we just 'improvise' a course :D

Take a look at the full days antics (Warning: I tend to swear a bit) here:

• 2 weeks later...

Round 7 will be held on Sunday the 18th of August, at Leongatha Livestock Exchange (VLE), Koonwarra. For a Google Maps Location, please click here. For the event flyer, please click here. For the Entry Forms/Supp Regs, please click here.

It was scheduled to be at Sandown, but at the moment there's about 30 tonnes or so of sand in the jockeys carpark for the horse-track re-surfacing or whatever they're doing. I was hoping for a sand dune round, not to be. :(

Time to find out what difference somewhat-decent suspension makes. :yes:

Round 8 will be held on Sunday the 15th of September, at the Mt Gambier Saleyards, Princess Hwy, Glenburnie. For a Google Maps Location, please click here. For the Entry Forms/Supp Regs, please click here.

Three drive over on the Saturday night, sleep & drive home afterwards on the Sunday events in a row, rockin'... :D

Edited by carbonboy

• 2 weeks later...

As you can see by the photos, the day started out nicely, was a bit breezy overnight but the rain held off for the most part.

post-5437-0-38209400-1376828672_thumb.jpg

A few of us TCCAV members had our own little Cars, Coffee & Donuts :)

post-5437-0-16090600-1376828007_thumb.jpg

Some new competition, probably flogged me.

post-5437-0-90474200-1376828063_thumb.jpg post-5437-0-65625000-1376828031_thumb.jpg

Then the weather kinda went downhill, quickly. Fun for me, probably not so much for the Specials.

post-5437-0-33162300-1376828095_thumb.jpg

Probably my best run, except for the part where I thought for some reason I was going the wrong way. Videos come up much better with less body roll! :yes:

The rest of the in car footage can be found here:

Results in from Sundays motorkhana in Leongatha: 24th out of 37 Outright, 26th on Handicap, 5th out of 8 in Class A & 1st out of 2 in Novice.

Some new competition, probably flogged me.

Slightly depressing that I was flogged by 20 seconds overall by an 80's Daihatsu Charade, but taking consolation in being only 1.9 seconds overall behind that Gen 1 Civic. Going to beat it sooner or later! ;)