Victorian Motorkhana Championship 2013

carbonboy

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you mention it, I have him to beat too! The gentleman I had in mind was Mr Barnfather, driving an orange Golf. Watching him is like watching a Dr Jekyll when outside the car, then Mr Hyde when inside the car. In a good way.

Edited by carbonboy

• 2 weeks later...

You're right, but I'm hoping you're wrong, if that makes sense? Given that I have about an hour total experience in a car with semis, I'm thinking that I should just drive the courses. Rather than adopting my usual disregard for flags style. :blush:

Well things didn't break (this time around) & the really good news is the rear tyres I retired from street driving duties are still good for another event. Sweet! Having the semi's on the front seemed to help, rather than a 4 wheel undeersteer/oversteer mutant-drift-thingy when using the handbrake, the fronts gripped & the rear was quite happy to just fling around. Didn't help me too much, drove rather horribly overall, but did manage to beat my usual 3 flags & a WD. Only 2 flags today! *fistpump*

Had a friend of mine come along to see what this is all about, if it didn't float his boat he could always watch novices at a V8 drive day crash a Commodore at turn one next door. :lol: Thankfully he liked what he saw & got some footage from outside of the car. Which means twice the footage to edit/upload, but oh well. It's great to see what it looks like watching yourself drive, I can tell you that from the inside of the car, I had NO idea I was getting the inside rear wheel that high off the ground! :blinks:

There's a fair reason why I'm not beating Batch yet, he's just plain faster & a shipload more experienced than I am. For example, this is his run at 'Gate Slalom':

And his 'Loopy Slalom'.

The tyres helped but I'm going to need a 4A-GC to have a real chance, the 2A-C just doesn't have the torque to use second gear effectively :(

As always the rest of the playlist (both in-car & outside footage) can be found here:

That's been working for me so far, I would like to use gears other than first & reverse though! :laff:

I'm glad I don't take this all too seriously, didn't drive that well results-wise, but had enough fun to not really care. I placed 29th out of 49 Outright, 32nd on Handicap, 10th out of 17 in Class A (beaten by an AE82 Twin Cam by ~15 seconds all up) & 4th out of 7 in Novice class.

The next round is at the Saleyards in Bendigo, which from what I've seen/heard about the surface, should be good! :yes:

• 2 weeks later...