Simon's 1972 Rt80 Corona

SimonM

id just go to the wreckers and get one that looks the same, would be better than nothing, and if your clutch fluid keeps leaking, mine leaks out of the master cyl into the inside of the car and goes under the carpet, it used to go to the floor when i pushed the clutch in sometimes, but i found if i drive with my foot resting on the clutch peddal it doesn't seem to leak much and stays pumped up all the time

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think that might be my best bet. That's what I did last time and I got springs out of a rusty old 8R.

As long as I have a full matching set of springs with the same resistance, it shouldn't really be an issue. Problem at the moment is that I only replace one spring last time and its a bit firmer than the others so the valve doesn't close properly.

Might have a look at the master cylinder then. And the floor. It's probably the same as yours because there was no fluid stain in the shed under the car.

Pulled the rocker cover off and had a closer look at it today. Seems like the vale isn't seated properly or something.. The valve tem seems to be sitting about 1.5mm higher than the others.

Cheers Mark, I might go check out that 12R next times have a day off :) bit of a drive for me as I'm up north, but there's also a cople of triumph 2500's at Lonsdale I want some parts off of, so I can make a day of it.

I'd love a monaro. I'd have to go for a HT/HG/HK though. Sexiest by far. Although I do love the Qs too :D

Uni is getting pretty hectic now though, so I need to slow down with the cars. I think I'll have to just pick one day a week to dedicate to them for now.

Finished cutting and polishing. Paint came up much better than I thought :D

Also found some NOS indicator lenses in my box of spare parts.

post-18111-0-70629600-1363407240_thumb.jpg

Hubcaps and dress rings are in the boot keeping clean :P

Interior is next on the list

Edited by SimonM

Finished cutting and polishing. Paint came up much better than I thought :D

Also found some NOS indicator lenses in my box of spare parts.

post-18111-0-70629600-1363407240_thumb.jpg

Interior is next on the list

Looks good man! I have a spare RT81 grille here if you wanna change yours. It needs a lick of paint and is missing a few clips but should still be sweet ;)