Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Master Cylinder Ke55

Featured Replies

I am new to the forum and have just purchased a KE55 to restore.

Unfortunately, the master brake cylinder is not serviceable.

 

I have had a devil of a time finding a replacement. It's an Australian made master cylinder. (Two barrels)

 

Can any body point me in the right direction for a new or overhauled one?

 

WW

Does it need to be the square type?

 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TOYOTA-COROLLA-KE30-KE36-KE55-BRAKE-MASTER-CYLINDER-/130673912527?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e6cc5aacf

 

Who have you asked to service yours?

 

if you are in brisbane i woudl point you towards "mastercylinder exchange" in wynnum. they basically bore out the old one and put all new stuff inside. cost a bit though.

  • Author

TAS,

 

It's already got the PBR MC in it. That's the one that's U/S.

I can see numerous options on the net for the Japanese booster/MC combination.

Can I just change the PBR out for a Japanese system (Booster and MC)? IE. Is it within the regulations/safety requirements.

 

I intend to let my P Plate son drive the car so i need to make sure it's absolutely safe.

 

Ke70dave,

 

Thanks for the tip. i'll call MC exchange and see whatb they can do.

 

WW

I also had trouble finding the square type ke55 MC. Does anyone know if the other type (the one that ke70dave posted) fits without mods?

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Gents,

 

Have found the solution in Master Cylinder exchange in Bne. They were excellent. Resleaved the MC and had it back to me within 2 days.

Excellent service. Now to bleed the system.

 

WW

nice!

 

great bunch of guys there.

 

They even machined me up a custom spacer for my coilovers a few yrs ago. Not what they usually do, but i gave them a sketch of what i wanted (essentially a thick washer) and they were happy to do it for me.

What sort of costs were you looking at for the MC service WW?

  • 2 weeks later...

I part out KE30/55/70s and have 6 of these master cylinders here that I keep wet with brake fluid so they don't dry out.

Can post them anywhere. Andy PM or 0411 327460.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.