Anyone Used Endurotec Pistons?

luk3333

Members dont see this ad

http://www.precision...ands.aspx?ID=53

"Endurotec® pistons are sourced from various world class suppliers. Make no mistake, these pistons are not seconds or factory rejects and are all manufactured from quality eutectic alloys with T5 heat treatment that are basically the same as many other premium brands.

Every Endurotec® piston set comes complete with comprehensive fitting instructions including piston to bore clearances and are presented in dynamic Endurotec® livery."

Sounds like you could be getting anything with endurotec "livery" on them. I can't see a problem if the price is right.

Edited by ke70dave

The price is very right :P I thought that blurb came off as as "we get our pistons from china like everyone else and they're almost as good as brands that don't come from china." The livery bit just makes me think of a piston wrapped in ken blocks decals..

The other important thing to point out is, if you don't use the endurotec stuff, then what are you gonna use???

That is also a very good question. Can't afford forgies and wouldn't buy if i could.

I think you'll find it difficult to actually find inferior piston these days without visiting alibaba. Tech has come along way so has the quality of metals. Prices don't vary a great deal from any supplier, the average being around 180$ for a complete piston kit.

When you think about it, a 30 year old clapped out 4k will take some serious punishment before it pops and it won't be the pistons that give up.

Performance is about balance and the clearances. Its the piston rings that give you reliability. Piston failure usually occurs through detonation which is caused by other things.