What To Do With The Diif?

Mosus

Hey guys

I'm in a little pickle, i have a KE70 sedan, with the 4K-C motor. I've just finished rebuilding it and it is as follows:

60" over ACL pistons

10" over on the crank

blocks been cleand and cracked tested e.t.c

biggest ports possible on the head

very large camshaft can't quite remeber the specks

it's all been balanced

twin 40mm webbers

dizzy's been grafted, with 10mm leads and aftermarket ignition and spark setup

electric fuel pump e.t.c

New 5 Speed box heavy duty clutch

1 piece tail shaft

BUT..... the diff is standard and i don't want to be breaking it or anything becuase the car is actually a daily driver i'm aiming for the 130-140Hp and the wheels on avgas so can the little borgwarner take it or what can i do, i spoke to my local diff guy during the week and he says there's no different gears or anything you can do with them, the best he could offer was to put a commodore diff in it with custom diff housings, axles e.t.c what can i do guys any help would be greatly apprectiated cheers guys

Members dont see this ad

Yes it was properly ported and flow tested, the enigne was built by mick a Free Flow Cylinders & Engines, and it has been setup for pump fuel, but if and when it's beening driven at the track or on the dyno i would like to run AVGAS i know 130-140Hp sounds impossible wih a n/a 1.3L engine but i've seen it done and and work with guys who have achieved it, at least I'm trying. thus the reason for the diff question i thought you guys would know.....

Really, Id just be getting a standard Diff, and keeping an eye on it. If you break it, go and get a sprinter Diff. If that breaks, get a T18 Diff. If that breaks, you need to adjust your driving style !

Hell, ive got a 4k thats got similar specs to yours, and ive still got a standard diff in mine. With that said, i don't pull skids or clutch dump. :jamie:

Alright then well the diff guy was right conversion is the only way to up grade with that said i'll wait and see how the little winey borg worner goes clutch dumping and skids i find are a waist of time and money well when stuff breaks from doing that anyway thanks for your help guys jsut curious where would i start looking for a sprinter ot T18 diff?

Yeah, a little bit of MASSIVE AXLE TRAMP never hurt anyone.

My 25 doesn't tramp, and it has a locker, and has done for a long time. Correct leaf pack set and decent shocks go a long way to eliminating it.

My 3K is pushing just under 120hp at the wheels, and I find that I snap axles with the current set up. I have it going through a sprung centre ceramic clutch, which probably doen't help either.

Try it with the standard, it's already there. If you're still concerned, go T-series. I bang 145hp through my LSD with no problems in the 55.

R

my stock ke70 axle tramps something shocking. then again the shocks are yonder 300,000 km's old.

id give it a go with the stocko diff and if you rip big one wheels skids and clutch dump and it goes to slush just say "meh" whack a replacement in then get a conversion done up.

i have an alfa lsd from a 71 i think berlina. duno what it weighs and the mounts have been moved for it to fit proper but i don't think it was shortened and its a good fit.

don't be afraid to take a measure stick and think outside the box