February 28, 200620 yr comment_104763 Hi everyone, I'm thinking about pimpin' the back of my ke70 wagon a little and wondering if anyone wants to post a pic of their work to give me some ideas. I'm not thinking anything major. Proably just replace the dodgy blue trim panels with some nice hardwood ply coated with clear gloss epoxy. A pair of nice 6x9s in the tail gate panel and some nice new carpet. Maybe a sub box down the track. So if you've modded your wagon or panel van, chuck up a pic for me. Thanks heaps. matt Ps - I'd also be interested to see of anyone has installed a light in the roof of the cargo area & how difficult it was. Report
February 28, 200620 yr comment_104778 Hi Matt, I've just got my cd player in, the audio shop custom made the rear trim panels and covered the mdf in nice black material. I remember them saying the tailgate is too narrow to take 6X9's so they stuck 'em in the sides. Just tryin to save for that amp and sub now..... The side windows look pretty clear in the pic, looking from the outside they're black :jamie: Cheers. Report
February 28, 200620 yr comment_104779 You got windows? I got no windows. Mine is a blind panel van. Yet to install my stereo. Gonna fix the locks up first. Report
February 28, 200620 yr comment_104822 I would imagine it to be a pain in the arse to set up a light that would come on automatically when you open the tailgate, though if you wanted to install a manual switch I would think it to be quite easy (in theory). You could get power from the original interior light, and use one similar to the original (if not the same to make things appear uniform) and just use the on/off switch for turning it on and off. Anyway, have a good one. Dan. Report
February 28, 200620 yr comment_104855 its rather easy to set up. run power (with fuse) from constant 12 volt to light run neg on light to swtich (same type as door switch for interoir light) done those switches you can get for a couple o bucks if that and they self earth when they are realised up. i installed a red neon for the interoir light on my ke70 when mine origanal failed on me. i just screwed it into the roof lining and hid the wires as much as i could. trim would be the biggest annoyance Edited February 28, 200620 yr by Valandor Report
February 28, 200620 yr Author comment_104876 Speaker panels look nice, Dan. Good work. Yeah I don't anticipate that the wiring of an extra interior light would be difficult. I'd be more worried about it looking good cosmetically. I'm thinking it could be wired up so that both interior lights were controlled by the original switch, but the rear light has an override switch so it can be turned on manually. Anyway, I'm sure it's not difficult. AE35, what's worng with your locks, if you don't mind me asking? I'm having trouble with my tail gate lock. matt Report
February 28, 200620 yr comment_104880 Haha wish I had speakers full stop, they weren't mine :) they were 36VAN's :) Report
February 28, 200620 yr comment_104892 All my locks are shot to pieces. Very worn out. I have a set here that i'm gonna fit up over the next week. The previous owner (or owner before him) also sheered off the bolt to the catch on the floor of the panel van, so i gotta get that out and get another bolt for it and line up the tailgate properly to get that part of the car all working properly. Should be all sweet then. :) Report
February 28, 200620 yr Author comment_104897 Haha wish I had speakers full stop, they weren't mine :) they were 36VAN's :) Right you are. In that case, Dan, your speakers suck, dude! :) Nice panels 36VAN! matt Report
March 2, 200620 yr comment_105125 my mate has neons wired into his interior light so when he opens the door they come on. all you have to do is take the globes out and put the negative and positive wires on the right side. works well and looks cool. Report
March 13, 200620 yr comment_106701 always thought the wagon/panelvan would look good with a full 6mm panel running over both sides, roof, floor, mold in speaker pods recess int lights go nuts with the bog to smooth it out contact adhesive and mix up the carpet cloth trim a little, why not check out some old school street machine panel vans, steal their ideas, update them, and downsize it into a rolla. kind of like the oposite of retro tech! Report
March 13, 200620 yr comment_106707 I re-carpeted my panel van about 4 or so days ago. So here is some pics. Thanks to Faulksy for doing 95% of the stereo install. :D Report
March 16, 200620 yr comment_107223 :D Built for speed is my excuse... And the fact I can't be stuffed trying to make it look sexy ;) Report
March 16, 200620 yr Author comment_107307 The P-vans look good, boys, nice work. I'm going to do similar panels but with ply instead of MDF. Then I think I'll stain them pretty dark and coat them with some high gloss clear laquer to get a sexy wood-grain effect. I've got the ply marked out, just gotta find time to cut it out etc. Will hopefully get started this weekend. I'll post some pics if I get round to it. matt Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now