Wheel Spacers

Hey, thanks for having a read.

I bought some 4x114.3 hotwires for my ke55. looks like the center hub of the wheels have a diameter of 80mm, where as the stock wheels only have a diameter or roughly 60mm. Also the studs don't protrude more than a few mm through the stud holes on the hotwires. I'm aware there are spacers out there, I'm just not sure exactly what i need. If you know the measurments i should be searching for on ebay or elsewhere, please help us out.

Cheers.

Members dont see this ad

First of all, sounds like you need some "parallel shank" wheel nuts and washers, that should solve the issue with the wheel studs. Secondly, I wouldn't stress to much about the centre bore of the wheels being to big for the hub. While it is not ideal, it wont cause any issues.

First of all, sounds like you need some "parallel shank" wheel nuts and washers, that should solve the issue with the wheel studs. Secondly, I wouldn't stress to much about the centre bore of the wheels being to big for the hub. While it is not ideal, it wont cause any issues.

This comment regards the centre hub has often been made before,especially on this forum but personally I don't believe it to be correct.It is my understanding that the reason for the interference fit of the hub to the wheel centre is that it is the hub that is supposed to bear the weight and stress transfer associated with the wheel operation while the studs are there to hold it in place flat against the drum/disc.If you use a wheel with an oversized centre hole then all the road and operational stress is placed on the wheel studs which are quite able to flex causing stress fatique and/or fracture.Some will say that this is not an issue in daily driving,maybe,maybe not but if you have an option,I know what I would prefer.