Ta22 Struts Into Ke30

rxstephen

hey guys. I'm tryin to put some ta22 struts into my ke30 but it seems like the struts are too small. The two bolt holes connecting to the control arm are not sitting flush like there supposed to. Is this supposed to happen or are there mods that have to be done? has anyone done this conversion before? help would be greatly appreciated, cause its killing me :D :D

Members dont see this ad

i havent done it and have no idea about it but it sounds like the strut is sitting up on top of the lip on the steering arm that locates the whole shebang (bolts only hold it together and stop it spinning), you may need the celica steering arms, or machine out the base of the strut why not check out the FAQ for corona strut conversion, its almost the same car and will give you ideas what to look at

hey rxstephen , i've heard you can use sigma control arms and they about the right length for camber , maybe do a search on brake upgrades on "toymods" thats where i think i read it onetime ,

keep posting updates if you could i'm looking at putting ta22 struts in my KE25 and would mind knowing how you go . are you doing it for a brake upgrade or for better suspension or something like that

thanks alot mate. Well, i bought the ta22 struts for both reasons, suspension and brakes. The struts came with lowered king springs and monro shocks which where better than my pedders suspension on the ke30. Also, ta22 brakes are slightly bigger than the ke 30 brakes, but i am going to put pintara rotors and comodore calipers as the upgrade.

Well i bought the struts straight away because i needed a brake upgrade, and the fact that the ta22's i bought had good suspension made them a certain buy. I heard from my mates that the ta22 struts are a straight bolt in into ke30's so i rushed without doing any research. IT was until i put the struts in that i discovered that the size of the strut that connected to the arm was just too short to bolt in. So now i took the ta22's out, and was desperatly looking for some control arms (as seen in my recent messages) lol. Also with the struts out i may just leave them out and save up for the brake conversion, and maybe coilover setup.

So why do you want to put in ta22's? if i had known that the ta22's where not a straight bolt in, i would have gone with the corona front struts, with the peuget disk and hilux caliper upgrade.

I have TA22 struts in the front of my 55. I'm using the original 55 arms (sort of, the important thing is that the bits that count are 55). I didn't build this car, however, I believe that the 22 tubes may have been cut and shut onto the 55 stubs. Top mounts are also 55. I'll take some piccies if you're interested, however the struts are at one of my sponsers at the moment (Pedders Suspension, Geebung :D ), so I may not be able to get them until the weekend.

R

• 2 weeks later...