Mounts For 4age To Fit Ke10/11

rke_011

Hey all

I'm new here and i own a ke11 with a rotary in it and i have learnt my lesson... don't do it :D

So i have bought a 4age to put in my other ke10.. I'm just wondering if anyone has the plans on how to make the engine mounts to fit a 4age in the car...

i know its a big ask but it would save me a lot of time and money..

if anyone at all could help me it would be appreciated.. also if you do have plans but it involves cutting firewall I'm not interested.... i made that mistake on the rotary ke11 and wont do it again..

thanks if you can help at all please pm me or email [email protected] because i will more than likely forget i put this post up..

cheers

Mat

Members dont see this ad

hey rke_011 , iam currently putting a 4age in my ke25 and just got the engine mounts done , i started with a rwd 4age that a guy had in an ae71 son it allready had rwd engine mounts with it , i was thinking it might bolt straight in , na they were too wide for the brackets on the x-member , so i used the ae71 rubber mounts and made up some brakets too bolt the engine to the rubber mounts .

it's a bit of a bitch to do but here its . get the engine in the engine bay and try to secure it as best possible where you want it sit without it moving much . then i got some 4mm MDF cut out in the shape of the plates that bolt to the engine ( basically tracing out the old engine bracket shape on the mdf and cut them out ) bolt them up to the engine and then cut out a plate to bolt on to the rubber mounts and bolt in place , then used just paper to get the angles for webbing between the two plates you have bolted into place trace them on the MDF and cut them out , double check they are the right angles ( bit of advice measure twice , cut once ) then i used the mdf cut outs as templates on 6mm steel plate (probably a bit of overkill , 4mm should do fine) cut them out with an angle grinder ( you'll need about 5 or 6 cutting discs) and put them in place on the engine and mounts

and tac welded them into place , they are now at a metal fab. place getting properly welded and hopefully they should work out ok

hope i explained allright , it's hard to put into words

any questions mate pm me and i'll try to help

Lindsay

3 ways to do it.

1. Find someone else on the forum that has done it.

2. Dummy fit the engine, measure twice, cut once.

3. Modify the crossmember by cutting the existing mounts off and moving them to the correct distance. Dummy fit the engine, tack weld the mounts in place.

My KE30 had two 4A engine mounts. The drivers side one was cut and shut to fit it all up. The passenger side one was left intact. The standard crossmember was used.