What Have I Just Purchased!

Verdey0

Members dont see this ad

Do you want me to move this thread to the 'rides' section so you can continue it as a build thread?

Yes please, sorry I wasn't aware.

Found that link a few minutes ago, cheers man.

Going to tackle it tomorrow!

EDIT: Btw, my car has no key whatsoever, any suggestions?

Edited by Verdey0

Have to take the lower half of the back seat out.

At the front of the seat down towards the floor there's two 10mm bolts (one either side in the footwells). Take them out, and pull the cushion up at the front and towards the front of the car.

The bolts for the the buckles (17mm) are near the centreline and the bolts for the lap belts (17mm) are towards the doors.

From memory the configuration of the washers, spacers, etc. Is -

Bolt head

Tie-down for belt

Thin wavy washer (from memory)

A spacer - one end will be narrow for the belts tie-down to slip over

Spring washer

And either a paper or plastic "washer" that screws on to the bolt. It stops everything from falling apart.

Getting that cushion back in can be painful at times. If the bolt holes are hard to line up, try sitting on the cushion above the bolts.

Hope it helps.

EDIT: Btw, my car has no key whatsoever, any suggestions?

Pull the lock out of the drivers door, it'll have a code stamped on it. Take that to a locksmith, not the local keycutter at the hardware store. They'll just need the manufacturer the model and year of the car in question. They'll be able to cut new keys for a you.

Don't quote me on the cost. But when dad had a set cut it was about $20 that was over ten year ago.

Hmm, ok then.... if the previous owner was smart they'd have made sure the locks were swapped over so a shut fight wouldn't happen in trying to figure out what key was for what lock. Been there done that and the ending is never pretty.

All the locks (including ignition switch) should have the same code on them if your willing to pull each one out and have a look. Would be the better option then going to the wreckers, or jumping into the market section here, and buying a set and finding out you didn't need them.

Trying also to remember if i still have a full set laying myself. But i've got the idea that i've thrown them out.

• Upvote 1

Head to your local auto store if you get stuck (Supercheap, Repco, Bursons etc).

They are still available to order, you can get either 1 lock and key, a pair and a boot lock, or even a whole kit with door locks, boot lock and ignition barell so it all matches.

Haven't done much lately.. trying to work out the brakes & having no luck.

There seems to be a blockage somewhere, so we have started at the back and working our way fowards.

The handbrake seems too work but only sometimes? :\

Here's a quick pic, was fixing something under the VX rather than 'rolla love!

35mqkoz.jpg