L20 Into A Ke70?

Just thought about this as I saw an L20 powered car advertised for not very much. Has this been done before and if so is it an easy conversion or even worthwhile?

Currently have a 4K and the phearsome 4spd, L20 comes with a 5spd and a whole car :D . Was hoping for champagne on a beer budget but thought I'd consult with those that know before I did anything stupid.

Oh btw, I did try to search but 4 character minimum didn't help me ;)

Cheers

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

hi

i think putting any L motor into a rolla would be sick

they are pretty good even standard, my datto 1600 has a standard L16 in it with only twin webers and a 2" zorst with extractors, it is bloody fast for a very stock motor, i hit 178kph down the back straight of symmonds plains race way, and i only have a 4 speed, the only problem with them is that they are a little bit tall, i tried dummy fitting an L18 into my ke20 but it was a little bit tall,

I'm not saying L motors are no good. On th contrary. I drove one on the weekend that impressed me a great deal. I'm just saying that there are better and easier conversions out there. An L motor is an old technology engine. Just like a K motor.

I'm not saying L motors are no good. On th contrary. I drove one on the weekend that impressed me a great deal. I'm just saying that there are better and easier conversions out there. An L motor is an old technology engine. Just like a K motor

Thanks for that mate

Now that i know you are talkin bout the L20B nis/dat i will tell you what i had, well a L20B of course with a downdraft webber (dunno what 1) and a set of extractors and sports zaust in an 84 bluebird with a 5 speed and it went quite good i was impressed.

.... they also weigh 50% of what a Corolla does.

Hell, I've driven a 2.4 litre L20 powered Bluebird, ex-works rally car that could suck in shrubs and small children as it drove past, and I still think there are better engines about.

i find the L20 to be a bit of a clunker, standard they leak oil past the valve seals so always smoking, just a big old boat anchor, you can get them going and cubes are always fun but for little light cars i don't think you need all that tork better to go for the revs of the smaller motors my votes the 1600, twin cam if the budget allows