Sr20 Into Rt142 Corona.

Skuda

Hey guys just after abit of help/advice,

I have an rt142 corona 2.4L,

Thinken about doing an sr swap cause the 22re is overheating, and ive tryed everything to fix it, (think its head gasket I'm just in denyal)

So i have been told if i get s13 engine mounts and perhaps an s13 xmember, can anyone tell me if thats true?

As for a 20 det gearbox anyone know if I'm gonna have to cut and weld the tunnel for length? I got no clue n have look but can't find much.

I know ill need a tailshaft made up, and I'm gonna go with shortened 31 diff, n ive already done brakes and suspension in the front,

I'm budgeting about 3k to get it in n running, just need a few answers before i set off haha :)

Thanks in advance

Members dont see this ad

Its only an na SR build and ill be doing everything but wireing myself and perhaps the gearbox mods, i want solid skid power till i get a turbo, i can always jack the budget up too its just what I'm looken to do it for.

My main concern is where the gbox will sit in the cabin haha

If you are hell bent on the sr20 i think you are better off fabricating some new mounts to mount the sr20 to the standard cross member. Then it leaves all the suspension and steering the same.

I reckon it can be done for 3k, hardest part is going to be the formentioned mounts and then a custom tailshaft is going to cost you a few hundred dollars.

You already have an EFI fuel syetm, so you just have to wire the engine in. does the 22RE have a hydraulic clutch or a cable? If its hydraulic already then you're set.

Ive looked into modified 22res. No way could you even approach the same hp as an sr20 NA. The head is a huge restriction, as is the inlet manifold. Without a massive amount of headwork you can't make more than 120hp on a stock motor even with cams.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit