Corolla Te30

84vert

Hello all, I just purchased a 1975 Corolla TE30 deluxe and have tried to get info on this car. I know it has a 1400 cc engine and maybe dual carbs. I went on Toyota's website, but can't find info on how many are made etc. My question would be on getting parts etc. Many thanks for anyone that can help.

Members dont see this ad

Hi and welcome to rollaclub!

Persumably if you have a TE30 you arent in Australia?

Got any photos of your beast?

I'm actually in California, just bought this car from a Japanese auction and it should arrive here in the states on the 29th of this month.

post-19357-0-37900800-1384825590_thumb.jpg

post-19357-0-73244800-1384825620_thumb.jpg

Edited by 84vert

I wasn't aware that people import these. After the shipping and compliance costs (assuming you have to get compliance in the US) and registration wouldn't it be a very expensive corolla?

Yup, Maybe the only one in the states. Nothing to worry about once it get here. 25yrs and older no smog or regs to worry about.

Edited by 84vert

Are you planning on swapping a dash from a Te31 to put the steering on the lefthand side?

Parts shouldn't be too bad. Just refer to TE31/TE37 parts. Could use 2T/3T parts for the T engine.

Now that would defeat the purpose of a JDM car. I would like to keep it as original as possible. As for smog goes, anything 1975 or older is smog exempt(California rule only) and 25yrs older here in the states is EPA and D.O.T. exempt.

Edited by 84vert

I’m the guy from Cali. A JDM original car would be sweet here. 4k isn’t a bad price for the originality. TE31's (same look, USDM) are rising in price to around those levels for a decent one. CA smog requires checks on any vehicle 1976 or newer. I am interested in seeing the engine configuration on this car. I’m already jealous of your bumpers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...