January 25, 201412 yr comment_676177 Just bought toyota's proto type AE112 R turbo corolla the only one in the burgandy red colour has a few mods for a bit of extra kw's, does anyone have any info on tuning and replacing the turbo hoses. Report
January 26, 201412 yr comment_676252 Those things are rare but they are prone cracked manifolds so check it out thoroughly when the piping is removed. Otherwise, being such a rare care you will only find a handful of members have had them and can help you with specifics. I think a long time ago a member called soulsearcher had one and did a lot with it, if you search. Report
January 27, 201412 yr comment_676288 PM Soulsearcher, she had a whole lot of issues with hers before she sold it and can give you the rundown on what will need replacing. Report
January 28, 201412 yr comment_676433 Hit up the "toyota corolla ae112" facebook page, one of the admins seems to know a bit about the sportivos. Report
January 28, 201412 yr comment_676445 Got any photos? Interesting to see if this really is a prototype/mule or just a pre-facelift with the Sportivo bits added on (the production ones were all facelift) Edited January 28, 201412 yr by Hiro Protagonist Report
January 30, 201412 yr Author comment_676539 Thanks for the info everyone I will add some photos soon .. Do I just paste the photos here or is there an other way. Report
January 30, 201412 yr comment_676592 Thanks for the info everyone I will add some photos soon .. Do I just paste the photos here or is there an other way. Upload them to a hosting site like Photobucket and then cut/paste the direct image links in [ img ][ /img ] tags. Fairly sure there is a built-in uploader in the forum too but I never use it Edited January 30, 201412 yr by Hiro Protagonist Report
February 2, 201412 yr Author comment_676719 https://www.facebook...&type=1 Ok I made this link public. click on it and you should be able to see the photos. Let me know if you think this is not a genuine factory turbo. Edited February 3, 201412 yr by terrytsa Report
February 4, 201412 yr comment_676854 Can't see anything that disagrees with your story, obviously not one of the factory 110 production run though (100 sold, 10 crashed) as it isn't Aztec Gold and doesn't have the build plate on the centre console, plus missing the fog lights, completely wrong interior/dash/cluster etc etc. I suppose it could be a test mule/prototype which would explain a lot of the discrepancies, although why Toyota would bother putting the bodykit on it I'm not sure (repro-kits are available though) What date does it say on the compliance plate? Edited February 4, 201412 yr by Hiro Protagonist Report
February 6, 201412 yr Author comment_676983 AE112R - ALMDKQ ENGINE 7A-FE BUILT OCT 1999 COROLLA 110 SER APPROVAL No 13240 CATEGORY MA Report
February 6, 201412 yr comment_676988 Facelift models went on sale here in November 1999 so this would be one of the first off the line. Sportivo models weren't sold until March 2001 If I had to hazard a guess, it's a normal Conquest (ALMDKQ corresponds to a Japanese trim of XLi which I think is one up from the base-model) that someone has added the engine, brakes and bodykit (re-painted or repro) from a written-off Sportivo. Without any sort of documentation for Toyota you're basically relying on someone's word that it is a prototype/test mule, and some of the things on it don't quite line up for a mule anyway. Report
February 6, 201412 yr Author comment_677032 A mechanic I took it to doubted it was a factory turbo and he called Toyota to confirm, and he told me that they said it was an original factory turbo. Maybe I should try calling as well but I don't think they would be willing to give proof in righting .. Any suggestions ? Report
February 6, 201412 yr comment_677035 A mechanic I took it to doubted it was a factory turbo and he called Toyota to confirm, and he told me that they said it was an original factory turbo. Maybe I should try calling as well but I don't think they would be willing to give proof in righting .. Any suggestions ? Could just have been referring to the existence of a factory 7AFE turbo engine, rather than the fitment of said engine in that particular car. Unless you're planning on selling it, I don't really see the need. The good thing about it is that except for a few things (injectors, turbo/manifold/piping/intercooler, ECU) it is mechanically identical to every other AE112 7AFE out there, so most parts aren't going to cost a bunch. Report
February 23, 201412 yr Author comment_678174 Ian would you know how to replace the rotor I need to change the disi cap as I think it is worn inside one contact is badly worn and the car is missing here and there when I take off . However there is a cover on the rotor that says do not remove would you have any advice for me please thought I would replace the rotor while changing the cap. Its a bit hard to yank off, is there any other way that it comes off thought I would ask before I try forcing it off. Edited February 23, 201412 yr by terrytsa Report
February 23, 201412 yr comment_678176 Once you've taken the dizzy cap off the rotor should just pull straight out, there shouldn't be any "cover" on it or anything Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now