Ae112R Sportivo Turbo Tech Advice

terrytsa

Members dont see this ad

Those things are rare but they are prone cracked manifolds so check it out thoroughly when the piping is removed.

Otherwise, being such a rare care you will only find a handful of members have had them and can help you with specifics. I think a long time ago a member called soulsearcher had one and did a lot with it, if you search.

Thanks for the info everyone I will add some photos soon .. Do I just paste the photos here or is there an other way.

Upload them to a hosting site like Photobucket and then cut/paste the direct image links in [ img ][ /img ] tags. Fairly sure there is a built-in uploader in the forum too but I never use it

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Can't see anything that disagrees with your story, obviously not one of the factory 110 production run though (100 sold, 10 crashed) as it isn't Aztec Gold and doesn't have the build plate on the centre console, plus missing the fog lights, completely wrong interior/dash/cluster etc etc. I suppose it could be a test mule/prototype which would explain a lot of the discrepancies, although why Toyota would bother putting the bodykit on it I'm not sure (repro-kits are available though)

What date does it say on the compliance plate?

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Facelift models went on sale here in November 1999 so this would be one of the first off the line. Sportivo models weren't sold until March 2001

If I had to hazard a guess, it's a normal Conquest (ALMDKQ corresponds to a Japanese trim of XLi which I think is one up from the base-model) that someone has added the engine, brakes and bodykit (re-painted or repro) from a written-off Sportivo. Without any sort of documentation for Toyota you're basically relying on someone's word that it is a prototype/test mule, and some of the things on it don't quite line up for a mule anyway.

• Upvote 1

A mechanic I took it to doubted it was a factory turbo and he called Toyota to confirm, and he told me that they said it was an original factory turbo.

Maybe I should try calling as well but I don't think they would be willing to give proof in righting .. Any suggestions ?

A mechanic I took it to doubted it was a factory turbo and he called Toyota to confirm, and he told me that they said it was an original factory turbo.

Maybe I should try calling as well but I don't think they would be willing to give proof in righting .. Any suggestions ?

Could just have been referring to the existence of a factory 7AFE turbo engine, rather than the fitment of said engine in that particular car.

Unless you're planning on selling it, I don't really see the need. The good thing about it is that except for a few things (injectors, turbo/manifold/piping/intercooler, ECU) it is mechanically identical to every other AE112 7AFE out there, so most parts aren't going to cost a bunch.

• 3 weeks later...

Ian would you know how to replace the rotor I need to change the disi cap as I think it is worn inside one contact is badly worn and the car is missing here and there when I take off . However there is a cover on the rotor that says do not remove would you have any advice for me please thought I would replace the rotor while changing the cap.

Its a bit hard to yank off, is there any other way that it comes off thought I would ask before I try forcing it off.

Edited by terrytsa