Sr20Det Ke30 - For Sale

SR30

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum. Thought I would post up how I'm tracking with my wee project and hopefully get a few tips along the way!!

Current stage:

Engines/gearbox in, diffs in, wirings complete, yeah engine runs!! Suspensions in, fuel systems in and she's all painted.

Currently working on brakes and wheels then finally exhaust to finish up.

The engines out of a S15 silvia with the R32 turbo box with sr20 bellhousing.

Diffs out of the nissan pintara, shortened and bolted in (only brake lines and handbrake to mount up).

Front brakes I have gone with the U13 bluebird front rotors and rx7 s4 callipers. Having trouble finding wheels that will fit with enough clearance between the mounting face and calliper (35-40mm). Am now looking at sourcing a rotor that bolts behind the hub face, similar to factory, thus pushing the calliper away from the mounting face so my wheels will fit :)

Heaps of other bits and pieces in and around the car.

Few photos below..

post-20251-0-23923500-1391497193_thumb.jpg

post-20251-0-46829200-1391497252_thumb.jpg

post-20251-0-40479800-1391497345_thumb.jpg

post-20251-0-41046100-1391497378_thumb.jpg

post-20251-0-71433600-1391497420_thumb.jpg

post-20251-0-17321600-1391497488_thumb.jpg

post-20251-0-06530400-1391505133_thumb.jpg

Edited by SR30

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know the legality of machining the brake rotors I currently have (slip over hub) so that they bolt to the back of the hub ( similar to factory)?? This should push the rotor and calliper an inch or so further back from the wheel mounting face :)

Edited by SR30

• 2 weeks later...

You can have rotors machined but only within reason. Not too much can be removed from them. Hub mounting face can be cut down, diameter can be reduced, disc face can be done slightly and hub bore can be taken out a few mm. Just contact a machine shop and see what they are happy to do for you.

Cheers guys,

Brakes/hubs went into the shop last week so will be picking then up completed in the next week or so. Camber plates and front strut brace also arrived last week.

Almost ready to order rims, just waiting to get hubs back in and final measurements taken.

Not long to go now!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Haha yeah mate, I'm finding it hard trying to source all the parts I need so far from the city. It's hasn't sold yet so I'm still tinkering away on it. I suppose there's not really too much left to do.

I'm struggling to sort wheels out at the moment. Was really keen on the Rota Kyusha but the calliper clearance for the front rims will be within the 10mm spacing recommended through the engineering. Now looking more at the Rota Grid classic option. It really sucks because I can't test fitment before buying.

I'm mostly worried about the front as I have another diff housing that I'll cut down to fit the rear rims if need be.

Have you been through the engineering process before? Any hints/tips? Maybe you might know someone who is good to deal with?

Pretty keen to talk to someone before buying wheels as that 10mm is only a recommended clearance. It currently will sit about 6-7mm.

Hey mate,

I brought Jamex coilover kit with 6kg springs. It come with a sleeve that you just weld to the original strut housing.

Shocks are from a MR2 and are shorter than the factory corolla ones. I had to source these from the states as they were very difficult to source. Running TechnoToy Tuning camber plates and bump steer spacers.