Sr20Det Ke30 - For Sale

SR30

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to an engineer last week and he put my mind at ease. $150 for the call out then $50 per code, so not too bad after some of the figures I've seen chucked around on the net. Everything I've done so far sounds all good to go straight through :) the main thing he stressed to me is noise levels, car needs to be pretty close to factory. So a good muffler and I should be fine.

Ordered wheels last week and heaps more parts. It will be drivable in the not to distant future!!

Hey mate, not sure if your in nsw, but i just got my ke30 with an sr20 engineered. Mine ended up costing 900. I had a half cage so maybe thats why it cost a little more then he quoted. I initially was made to go to emmisions because i had an after computer and failed miseribly. I change back to standard ecu with standard emmision equipment like charcoal cannister and afm. Doing this meant no emmisions required. Like you said a good muffler and the rest is pretty straight forward to get through.

Hey mate, not sure if your in nsw, but i just got my ke30 with an sr20 engineered. Mine ended up costing 900. I had a half cage so maybe thats why it cost a little more then he quoted. I initially was made to go to emmisions because i had an after computer and failed miseribly. I change back to standard ecu with standard emmision equipment like charcoal cannister and afm. Doing this meant no emmisions required. Like you said a good muffler and the rest is pretty straight forward to get through.

his profile says he is in QLD and that is why his engineering cost is much less

in nsw its normal for $900 + :( , my last car in qld cost me $165 :D

• 2 weeks later...

Have been playing around the last few weekends.

Boxed and carpeted the boot, fitted wheels.

Front has a little too much camber so looking towards adjustable LCAs.

Rear still needs to come down an inch or so, diffs getting redone in the coming weeks.

post-20251-0-25643900-1397721741_thumb.jpg

post-20251-0-35886800-1397721784_thumb.jpg

Edited by SR30

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Engines pretty much finished for now..everything's all plumbed up and she's running. A few little cosmetic bits to go but they are going to wait til it's on the road. Have another photo of the brake set up as well.

Diff is taking longer than expected due to other work on at the shop, should be finished this coming Friday. Fingers are crossed for that one!!

Starting to get itchy feet, want to run it up on the dyno already.

post-20251-0-19478100-1403950028_thumb.jpg

post-20251-0-72161600-1403950237_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I brought the brace from techno toy tuning but it didn't fit over the engine, took it to the engineer and he made new higher base plates for me (you can see they still need painting). You could look at finding a brace with a bent bar to clear the engine.

The hydraulic clutch is very easy. I just made up a template off the cylinder then drilled the holes into the firewall. My car was originally auto so didn't have any cable to begin with.

Edited by SR30