7k Engine With Nos

OniBerserker

you guys sure know how to get off topic

anyway, I'm going to get a hilux diff, I think that should work well enough

and nick , about that dreamer shit, your lucky you live in qld

if you ain't got something nice to say, don't say anything at all

apart from that i valued your opinions but I'm still sticking with the 7k nos celica 5 speed and celica struts and brakes

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ever had a look at 7k rods???? there like toothpics... wayyyy weaker than 4k rods... if you are going to do this project i'd say invest in some aftermarket ones

Any ideas where to get them from,i have ordered some custom pistons from CP pistons but unsure where to get rods from.

well what can i say in nsw we don't suffer smart asses

il let you guys know how its going in a few weeks or when i hit a hurdle nut i don't think i will have to many probs

i just wanna make the lil thing scare the shit out of me

Edited by OniBerserker

well what can i say in nsw we don't suffer smart asses

il let you guys know how its going in a few weeks or when i hit a hurdle nut i don't think i will have to many probs

i just wanna make the lil thing scare the shit out of me

don't worry about them mate,ive got NOS on my 5K as well so we'll see how they go on NOS.

Just stumbled across this post. Dads going to have some things to say about people bagging the 7Ks when he gets on, lol.

Hmmm.... i don't think i have room in the boot for a Nitrious tank, what am i going to do now.

I don't need Nitrious for street cred though... my car has neons and stripes!

The rods in a 7k aren't toothpicks, idon't know who you've been talking to?

The 4age has more hp but less torque. We still can't give details as we are sorting the carbies still.(been in the whitsundays for 3 weeks) At the moment we lack hp.

I'm really dumb i've always thought it was the torque that allows you to steer with the accelerator. You learn something new everyday

Dude torque is pretty much a bottom end thing in drifting you want high rpm, a 7k might have torque but it might not like alot of high revs whereas you can safely rev your 4age throught out the 7000 rpm range and past 8000.

Trev, i totally understand where your coming from but i will say i've seen the guts of our 7k and i believe it will rev 7000 to 8000 allday long, but why would you when max power and torque are under 7000

Edited by SLOTH Snr

Cause in drifting you needa keep the wheels spinnin for atleast 20 secs at times so you want a car that will spin the wheels faster than the car will pickup speed, so if you have somethin that will rev high you will get away with running out of puff.