Ben's Ae82 Budget Daily

B-Lugg

After looking around for a cheap daily for a while this popped up.

AE82 4 door sedan running a stock but cleaned up 4AC to 3 speed auto.

Some random wheels with king springs all round (found the receipt for $360!).

I'm giving a budget build a bit of a crack with this one - I picked her up for $200, bargain. The paint is great, interior and motor need a little love, but it runs and drives. Happy with the purchase all in all.

Running tally (will be updated as time goes on.

Car: -$200

Change in car: +13.35

Total: $186.65

CKCIboA.jpg?1eYQTT67.jpg?1dyNfq87.jpg?1

Edited by B-Lugg

Members dont see this ad

My biggest haul ever from a new corolla - a whopping $13.35c!

UFMzZIf.jpg?1

Spent the day undoing a lot of what had been modified on the car. The air filter and everything that was on there was horrendous IMO. Heaps of stuff to sell though! Old one back on.

kf7bJru.jpg?1

The old one - lol.

Q7ub5lH.jpg?1

Had a near new saas bucket seat in there! Bolted so far back without slides that it touched the back seat!

That muffler was also "fitted". It was exhaust wrapped to the existing cut piping and hose clamped together. So having a muffler fitted will be the first cost to the car.

0eAVvp5.jpg?1

8kUoe5i.jpg?1

It had a fog horn from an old ship or some shit, heavy cast iron thing! I'll grab a picture soon. Funny, but I took it out and wired up the old horn. It seems everything done to the car is at least undoable. It also had a bunch of gauges that I removed. A portion of the wiring I removed from it today.

p4N2zZ0.jpg?1

And a night shot.

CCttVQM.jpg?1

Edited by B-Lugg

low 82 sedans always look rad!

I've always had a little bit of a soft spot for the sedans - although I think I still prefer the flat back hatches.

As far as fwd's go, I really like these sedans. Take an already rigid chassis and add a steel parcel shelf!

There is a GE powered one local. Owner says its heaps of fun!!

In the long run I would like to drop a 4AGE in there - no rush though, I'll end up waiting around for a wrecked twinky that I can transplant everything (rear brake setup up and fuel set up also).

Want a manual conversion for it?

PM'd.