Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A Couple Of Q's About 7K Into Ke35

Featured Replies

hey there just a quick couple of questions. I've got a ke35 just running the 3k at the moment and I've just found a reco'd (40k ago) 7k for $1100 that i'm goin to grab The ke35 has a 5 speed in it already but is it going to be strong enough? i can get an early celica box off a mate for $100, will that bolt straight up? also just use the 3k engine mounts? I've just sourced all my brake upgrade parts xt130 struts, ra60 discs and mx62 calipers so getting excited!

post-17848-0-37917100-1403159238_thumb.jpeg

post-17848-0-26070500-1403159291_thumb.jpeg

7K block is wider so the 3k mounts may not work. The K50 box will work behind it but might not last long depending on how you drive. A T50 will work but you will need a K-T bellhousing which arent cheap or easy to find.

  • Author

just did a few hours research and I'm pretty sure my mate's celica box is a w5# as it was bolted to a 308. I should be right if I get onto old mate and grab the bellhousing off the townace. here's a bit I cut and pasted

7K[edit]

The 1.8 L (1,781 cc) 7K was first introduced in 1983. Cylinder bore was 80.5 mm (3.17 in) and stroke was 87.5 mm (3.44 in). Output was 80 hp (60 kW) at 4600 RPM and 103 lb·ft (139 N·m) at 2800 Was available with a 5 speed manual & 4 speed automatic transmission. Available in both fuel injected and carburetted configurations, the 7K produces much more power and torque compared to the other K engines however it is a lot less 'rev happy' due to having such a large stroke.

7K is available in KR42 Townace SBV vans (1997–2007) using a large G52 5 speed gearbox (Same bellhousing to box pattern as W55), or automatic.

  • Author

all good mate!

i'll be wrapped if it all falls into place like this. I was going to do 4age but this seams to be a hell of a lot cheaper and easier (in theory).

  • Author

Yeah thanks for the info. I havent even seen the gearbox yet but Hopefully it is a w55 so it bolts straight up without having to scrounge another bellhousing. He seems to think its a supra box

  • Author

I couldnt pm you came up with an "array" error.

Edited by tils101

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Is the 3k starter and alternator interchangeable with the 7k? Also does anyone make a manifold for twin down draft webbers or do i have to make my own?

Edited by tils101

a ke3 auto tailshaft should work with the w box

  • Author

Will the auto shaft be good for length? I've got the tail shaft that came with the box and was hoping to just split uni's and switch ends and use the shaft out of mine. Mine was k50 box now w57.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.