Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Starlet Kp61

Featured Replies

  • Author

So you joined up just to fish for Facebook likes?

 

No, been using the site for a while as a non member as great information on the 4k which isn't modified much over here. Found a great post by Jamie which has really helped.

 

But thank you for the warm welcome!

Just saying, it'd be nice if you actually used the forum properly instead of just linking to an offsite page. Whats the point otherwise? Are all your updates gonna be links to your facebook page?

 

I don't really care either way but it'd be nice if people actually became legitimately involved in this site again and put in the effort.

  • Author

Just saying, it'd be nice if you actually used the forum properly instead of just linking to an offsite page. Whats the point otherwise? Are all your updates gonna be links to your facebook page?

 

I don't really care either way but it'd be nice if people actually became legitimately involved in this site again and put in the effort.

 

Super friendly here :(

 

I have been making huge use of the forum and following Jamie's guide to building a tough 4k. This has been a great reference point for my build. For that I am guilty.....as have got so much more out of this site which I find is a wealth of knowledge and experience with the 4k, than yes what I have yet to put back in with my 2 days of being a member. Also search facility has been a great help with issues that I have come across.

 

No all my posts won't be links and apologises you feel I haven't been using the site properly.

A build thread would be miles better than Facebook, that is a lousy way to display photos. Maybe its because I've never bothered wth it that it doesn't seem as clean and logical as a Rollaclub topic.

 

The car looks nice, you must have tipped some fair money into it by now. What carbs do you for it?

  • Author

A build thread would be miles better than Facebook, that is a lousy way to display photos. Maybe its because I've never bothered wth it that it doesn't seem as clean and logical as a Rollaclub topic.

 

The car looks nice, you must have tipped some fair money into it by now. What carbs do you for it?

 

Thanks, and yes afraid the budget was surpassed a long time ago ;)

 

Carbs is a great question, I have ordered a redline manifold and was going to run throttle bodies to help with the street ability of running the mod c engine which currently has a 300+ cam. Although with the ecu I had in mind I feel it's going to be a huge amount of work with sensors and pick ups. Now for ease I'm considering 40dcoe's as a few race tuners feel they can get them jetted to be reliable?? Either way I think it's going to be tight for space due to where the engine sits. Open to ideas :)

  • Author

Schweet lookin kp. Wish we had them in aus!

 

but yeah I'm not really a fan of the facespace linking, I didnt even know people were using it for documenting build threads?

 

Thanks can't beat a bit of retro Jap............, probably a stupid reply but do you not have the KP in aus. Aus seems like an Aladdin's cave for parts that I simply can't get in the UK, I am very envious.

 

As for FB it's it an easy way of logging parts and work done I'm not one for counting likes

  • Author

Lots of people come on here, post one thing and are never seen again, gumtree links, facebook pages, ebay links.

I look forward to some proper updates.

 

I understand, but honestly I'm not try to sell anyone anything, or plug a business. Just one enthusiastic newbie who is keen to learn the world of the Toyota 4k to slightly selfishly help me with my build and hopefully make friends with other fellow enthusiasts on the way.

 

I am lucky enough to be a member of a few forums here in the UK but not specific to the car or engine like here, so innocently for my needs, a FB build page is a little easier to manage rather than several build threads on different sites that's all :)

  • Author

KP Starlets are super rare here. I know of maybe 4.

 

Same here on the UK, sad as I am I found a website that the government publish numbers of cars registered and tax.

 

As of 2014 there is in the UK

 

KP60 3 on the road -19 Sorn declared off the road

KP61 15 on the road -26 Sorn declared off the road.

 

As for corollas the number is less than a third of that. Makes having these cars very exclusive but the you have to travel the globe on the Internet to find the Jedi's who have experience and knowledge that your local tuning shop lacks. So the rolls club is perfect :)

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Quick Update for those interested. Flywheel has arrived as has manifold. Engine balanced, crank polished now block de-burred ready for crank installation

 

 

imagejpg4-2.jpg

 

imagejpg5-1.jpg

 

imagejpg7-1.jpg

 

imagejpg1-6.jpg

 

imagejpg2-4.jpg

 

imagejpg1-7.jpg

 

imagejpg2-5.jpg

 

imagejpg4-3.jpg

 

imagejpg6-1.jpg

 

imagejpg8-1.jpg

 

imagejpg3-2.jpg

 

https://www.facebook.com/ToyotaStarletKP61

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.