Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5K Clutch Recommendations?

Featured Replies

Almost have the 5K up and running, and was thinking about the clutch. I can get a standard replacement for $130 or an Excedy one for about $250. Has anyone had an Excedy clutch and would the recommend them?

I thinking about 100hp out of the 5K for a sunday driver.

 

Cheers

Exedy HD is a good clutch. I've got one behind my 5k.

Get the exedy, I don't use anything else.

They have a great pedal feel and always wear very well.

 

If you're keen, have a measure-up of the Corona clutches.

 

You would have to get the K flywheel skimmed across the face (get it lightened at the same time!) and re-drill the pressure plate holes out near the edge for the Corona pressure plate.

 

Mainly, you have to ask the clutch shop to put a K core into the Corona clutch plate so the larger diameter clutch plate fits your gearbox input shaft.

 

This gives you a larger clutch that has a greater clamping pressure on a larger clamp area. It will take greater power and last longer. We used to do it on the Datsun 1600 rally car using a 240K clutch.

That would be a good idea.... If it would fit inside the bell housing. I tried using a 200mm t18 with my k-t and the pressure plate fouled on the indent for the clutch fork. Only a 180mm kit well fit inside a k bell.

That would be a good idea.... If it would fit inside the bell housing. I tried using a 200mm t18 with my k-t and the pressure plate fouled on the indent for the clutch fork. Only a 180mm kit well fit inside a k bell.

 

Correct.

 

 

Edited by kickn5k

the pressure plate fouled on the indent for the clutch fork.

 

Ah rats! Too much to machine away Taz? I was planning on using this on my next big build!

Yeah you would have to machine way too much off it. Really though, what the point when an exedy button will hold over 120rwkw. You also don't need to reface the contact area bigger and re-drill holes when you can get 200mm (km20/km36) and 212mm (kr42) flywheels..... But then you need the bell housing that accompanies them too....

  • Author

OK, cheers for the input. So the Exedy heavy duty will be fine for a road car, not that I drive it much anyway.

More $$$$$

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Got the Exedy 6036HD, talked to several local suppliers but after reading a few comments on different forums I just went with Exedy as everone seems happy with them.

  • Author

Cheers Si, yes it is. I'm going to fit the K50 box first up so I don't have to butcher the interior. Will see how it goes and maybe fit the T50 later if it breaks.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.