My Other Obsession

Ruts

Members dont see this ad
  • 8 months later...

It's Alive !!!

Complete redesign. Steered away from two player console and decided on a single player layout.

All rebuilt - complete stripped down 17 inch monitor and stripped down PC (no case - just components).

Just waiting on some stickers from Nick and it's finished.

post-24-1166525123_thumb.jpg

post-24-1166525168_thumb.jpg

The white buttons are for "Coins" and Player 1/2 selection.

The red button is a pause button or as I like to call it the "PANIC!! Button"

PS. Need to paint up the edge of the control panel and add glass in front of the monitor.

That is just the coolest thing!!! I was thinking you need to have a way comfy chair for the hours you're going to spend in front of that thing!

I .......... LOVE!!!!! GALAGA :ninja: I was addicted to it.

Then I got it on the PC and I drove the kids crazy with it. I am a terrible mother...my youngest had a school social and I thought I'd get her some dinner before she went in. So we stopped at the Fish and Chip shop up the road from the school. What should be in the corner but GALAGA! In goes 20 cents (ya-huh! 20 cents!) and I started playing. Youngest got her dinner, ate it, read a magazine then said "um Lesley, my social started 1/2 an hour ago, can we go now?" - I was still on my first man, had wiped off the top score ... I felt so guilty. It was SO hard walking away from it.....

Lesley :hmm:

I too am a fan of Galaga - and yes the comfy bar stools are in place. Also considering screwing on drink holders for those long times at the machine.

He's a pic just for Leslie.

post-24-1166738084_thumb.jpg

Thats my high score at the top - its not brilliant but its all I need to reign supreme in this household. Having all the Highscores over 200k kinda pisses off the wife a little too.