Rear Spring Saddle Mount Rubbers

Banjo

Hi Guys,

Like others, I have found it difficult to source these here in Australia. Toyota don't have any in Australia at all, and none of the Poly or Urethane aftermarket suppliers do them for the early Corollas.

I've even seen discussion on RollaClub & elsewhere that you can bodgie up early Holden poly ones, but I checked out the dimenensions, and they seemed a bit big, & dodgy.

I searched the on-line USA sites, and a few had them, but they were expensive, & so was the freight.

Then I came across AMAYAMA in Japan, who could supply.

My order for a full set of four (4) saddles arrived today from Amayama in Japan. They are not aftermarket, but genuine Toyota parts. Apparently, AMAYAMA must do a bit of business here in Australia. Instead of my order coming from Japan directly, it came from Peakhurst in Sydney, where they have a distribution centre or the like. All orders for the week, are apparently shipped in bulk to Peakhurst, & then posted out Australia wide. Takes a couple of extra days, but the product was well priced, & so was the freight. Most impressed !

I paid USD 7.63 ea. plus, less than $ 10.00 freight, so all up about AUD $ 40.00 or $ 10.00 ea.

post-270-0-90866700-1409732767_thumb.jpg

post-270-0-39753900-1409733152_thumb.jpg

Don't know if any of you on here have used them before, but I'm impressed.

Their website suggests they can get any part for any early model Japanese car.

http://www.amayama.com/

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo
  • Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

I'm a regular with them and also highly impressed.

So much so I don't go to my local Toyota dealer for anything at all anymore. I'm convinced the pricing is substantially better too.

That part number is for KE3x by the way, but hopefully will fit nicely. Let us know.

The trick with Amayama is knowing your part numbers. You enter the part number and it may immediately tell you the part number isn't found (unavailable) or it may come up with options via japan or UAE. The latter doesn't guarantee availability. Once you actually submit a query, they come back to you within a couple of days with actual availability. Sometimes things actually are no longer available. I get a pretty good return on various KE1x TE2x and AE86 bits and bobs.

Edited by parrot
  • Upvote 1

Sure - no kit as such. I just trawled ToyoDIY and ordered bits I reckoned I should replace while I had it all out. My T50 front seal was definitely leaking. It was tricky without diagrams but fingers crossed I've got what I need.

2T sump gasket $17.38

2T exhaust gasket $7.91

2T input shaft bearing $7.65

2T rear main seal $16.48

2T rear main seal retainer gasket $4.80

T50 clutch release bearing $32.82

T50 front oil seal $2.72

T50 front bearing retainer gasket $2.72 (not sure if I need this - haven't replaced a gearbox front seal before)

plus $25 delivery for 0.506kg came to $117

Edited by Mechanical Sympathy