November 10, 201411 yr comment_690451 We have a ~2010 mazda 2 at work.....it feels freaking small to drive, and very go kart, and it is surprisingly large inside, fits 4 of us guys quite comfortably. It actually feels very good to drive. Possibly this is close to the type of car you are after. Report
November 10, 201411 yr Author comment_690471 To me, that's kind of a good thing (Zero Star Crash rating)...I think cars should be dangerous, and thought of as dangerous, not an extension of your living room or den. Making cars "safer" has done nothing to reduce the number of crashes, instead it lulls people into a false sense of security and they end up watching movies and texting or putting on makeup. They don't have in their mind that they are moving 2 tons of steel down the highway at 80 mph...they are watching a movie go by the windows of their living room. Make em scary so folks will pay attention, make em all stick shift so they have more to do...if fewer people can drive that way...Yay! Report
November 11, 201411 yr comment_690503 I love the way you think. This is the most convincing argument I've heard for making death trap cars! Report
November 17, 201411 yr Author comment_690788 You know for sure when you go out in your 67...if you or more likely someone else screw up, you'll most likely die or suffer horrible injuries and drive accordingly (not counting the time and effort spent restoring that beauty). I hope you did anyway, haha...if you didn't..well...uh.....um... Nobody thinks that way in cars now...close the door, it's so quiet...just a big comfy chair, my how fast this chair will go, so smooth, windows up, not much sound or connection to the outside world now... Don't get me wrong, I appreciate new cars, I don't mind a smooth effortless ride, I've tried all the gizmos out, I even sold new cars for a little while (Toyotas of course) driving a lowered supercharged Tc was awesome, feels like it's on rails, til it doesn't...but I have the background in old school to also appreciate that while it is smooth and effortless, I'm still pushing 2 tons of steel down the road at 80 mph (or way more) and all the gizmos in the world won't save me and the only thing between me and disaster are four small patches of rubber on pavement. I like that my mother is surrounded by air bags and all the gizmos when she drives ( because she doesn't notice a lot that goes on around her) and I'll probably borrow hers when it snows. We just seem to be more focused on letting electronics take care of everything rather than developing and maintaining personal skills. Hell, even handwriting is going out of schools! This will be bad for the human race in the long run and goes way beyond cars...( I feel like a preacher)...we will become a race of potatoes rather than star explorers ever dependent on Google for knowledge and ....worst of all...there will be no roar of engines at the self driving electric Icar races! .. Edited November 17, 201411 yr by CorollaNut68 Report
November 17, 201411 yr comment_690791 I think cars should be dangerous, and thought of as dangerous, No seat belt for the driver and a big spike sticking out of the steering wheel centre... there will be no roar of engines at the self driving electric Icar races! Of course there will! They will put speakers under the bonnet to broadcast the right noise! ..and the safety car will still come out within the last 5 laps! ....anyway, Tander 'nearly won' in complete silence yesterday! Just how bad would he feel, same as Whincup at Bathurst. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now