3K-B Twin Carbs - Value?

Lampoon

The hard bit to get is the filter box. The really hard bit to get is the specific cable bracket on top of the rocker cover. The unobtanium bit is the correct cable.

I reckon they are better than a downdraft weber since they rarely get set up properly anyway.

If you are going to make the effort to put one or two side drafts on, then you are probably going to be modifying other things too. And the likelihood is the carbs will need a major rebuild inc throttle shaft(s).

For someone who likes originality and hasn't gone serious on modification, they are a good, well matched intake option.

But yes, for the average person I wouldn't think they were worth much more than $200- 250. The airbox adds value though.

Members dont see this ad

For perspective...this is what i have. I may still have the cable bracket on top of the rocker cover...would need to check.

Inlet manifold, exhaust manifold, carbies and air box. Unfortunately, the previous owner painted the air box yellow...so the original stickers that are on the box are covered in yellow paint.

20141030_121001.jpg

20141030_120922.jpg

I got all that gear last year for around $300-$350 (my filter housing is original, unpainted). Agree, the hard bit is getting the filter housing! That was the only reason I needed a second set (paid $300 for a set years ago without the housing).

I've said on here before, I only ever bid at the last second on eBay and bid as much as I'm willing to pay. If I lose, the other person paid more than I was willing to.

I bought a set some years ago, minus the filter housing. I think they cost me about $150.

As others people have said about ebay. Pick what you want to pay and enter that at the last possible moment. That way you aren't annoyed you lost a $300 item at $60 because you were tying to snag it cheap.

Paid less than $500 for these bad boys about 18 months ago ---- full carby rebuild and aircleaner and all linkages included in the deal. Bought a second set unrestored of EGAY about 12 months ago for $50 . So I suppose all that shows is you can buy good ones ready to go for $$$$$$ and there are still bargins to be had . The old addage is ---- ( it's value is what someone is willing to pay !)

IMG_4009_zpsd0c43f53.jpg