Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4Age Carbies

Featured Replies

They appear to be FAJS carbies, which are a chinese knock off of real webbers.

 

http://www.alibaba.c..._595210856.html

 

Here is what webber them self have to say about the whole thing..

 

http://www.weberperf....php?info_id=14

 

Weber is obviously not going to say "yes the dodgy copies are as good as ours, but please continue to pay twice the price for ours anyway".

 

Might pay to google to see if others have used them, i had a quick look and couldn't find too much.

 

I personally would tend to steer clear of anything that is a blatant Chinese copy, especially something as complicated as a carburetor. They are complicated enough to tune when they are the real thing, I don't think tuning and repairing a dodgy knock off would be much fun.

Edited by ke70dave

LoL... A Chinese copy of a Spanish copy...

 

For $140US I'd try the Chinese ones, but not for more than twice that price just to buy off Ebay. You've gotta love the way he complains about other people under-selling him.

 

That address for him at 7 Coolabah Dr Taree is either Mid-coast Diesel or Mid Coast Fuel Injection & Turbo. Pop up and see his factory.

  • Author

Cheers rolla dave, yeah I'm same, rather spend money on quality rather then shit, yeah I'll have a look, is there a forum on this site about carbies on a 4age?

is there a forum on this site about carbies on a 4age?

 

not particularly- Doughboy did it here..

 

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/58078-4age-injected-to-twin-weber-carbs/page__hl__%204age%20%20carbs%20%20weber

 

He bought the Webers and manifold, then sorted the fuel pump, linkages, and air cleaners. I'm not sure how the computer will like not having any sensors from the injection/intake system, you might have to throw the computer out and either run a points ignition system or an after market computer.

 

here's the whole setup for sale back in 2010

 

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/46377-full-4age-carb-package-everything-you-need-to-drive-away/page__hl__%2B4age+%2Bcarbs+%2Bweber

 

and here's everything you need to know

 

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/8211-webers-on-a-4age/page__p__125798__hl__+4age%20+carbs%20+weber#entry125798

 

Anyway, easy enough to search for on here.

The ECU from the EFI setup can be used for ignition, but will most likely keep throwing up error codes with the lack of MAP sensor, air intake temp sensor, TPS & injectors. An aftermarket ignition-only unit will do the job nicely, I've had no dramas (post-tuning) with my MSD.

All i can say is becarefull ,remember poor man pays twice.

 

Rob

if it's a road car, i wouldn't use Webber, i'd use Dellorto's, they atomise the fuel better.

Better torque, webbers are good for all out race, where the engine is at a constant hi-RPM, but that's the only place they are better than Dellorto's.

I did see someone running a 32/36 on the 4AG at All Jap last year. I think they used an adapter plate on a GZE manifold. Backyard as ʞ©$ɟ. Pure awesome.

  • Author

Yeah we'll redline make an adaptor plate for them.

I'm still deciding whether to full track car it or rego it

  • Author

Nah I'm thinking of making it just track car, I just want something a little different to most rollas, yeah I know 4ages arnt different but yeah, I'm still thinking of going alone the lines of a 3rz

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.