Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Widening Rims

Featured Replies

G-day people i purchased some hot wire rims a while back just wanting to know is it possible to widen the rims at all.

 

Thank's

it is possible but probably not worth it, they are not a 3 piece wheel so the result would not be as factory either. what size are they. I have a pair in 15" i think that are a pretty neg offset.

If they are alloy, and being Hotwires I assume they are, I wouldn't . Welding alloy wheels is not a good idea. Have seen wheels break after being welded to repair cracks etc.

  • Author

Cheers guys for the info didnt think i could but i thought i'd ask. my rims are 14" but only like 6" wide i can only just fit 185 on them was gonna go 205 semi slicks but they wouldnt fit.

Used to run 225's on a 6" rim. If you can't fit a 205 your not trying...

As coln said you should be able to easily fit 205 on it, are you sure they are 6" wide, 5-1/2 to 6 inch wide rim is perfect for a 185, bit narrow for a 205 but will fit but it wont improve the handling though it will be quite a bit worse, as a 7" inch width rim is perfect for a 205

Edited by lexsmaz

The 225's I had stated the minimum rim width was 6" That said, I could feel the sidewalls flexing.

But on that car, 75% of the rear suspension was in the tyres so any give was good...........

Edited by coln72

While I would also be concerned about the method and safety of widening alloy wheels - if it could be done, I would get me some of this action.

 

post-18751-0-11109100-1425010216_thumb.jpg

 

I'm a big fan of XX alloys. I just wish they were wider!

dragway do custom billet wheels - all it costs is $$$$$$$$$

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.