March 5, 201511 yr comment_694834 I took the car for a drive today and when I went to restart it to come home, all I got was a click. The motor didn't try to turn over at all. After a few goes and a few clicks later, it started easily. It did it again later. The battery has got 13.5v and the alternator is making 14.5v. The engine oil is black and the coolant is fine. The electrical connections seem ok. It was a hot day today. The motor is a high compression 4K. (5k head) it's a 3 speed gm auto. Any ideas? Thanks. Report
March 5, 201511 yr comment_694835 Could be worn starter brushes or solenoid contacts.. check block gound cable contact as well Report
March 5, 201511 yr comment_694836 Could also be the factory wiring is weak going to the starter motor, common problem with these. The "engaging" wire to the starter progressively weakens to the point where it doesn't have enough current to engage the starter, easily over come by installing a relay with direct power from the battery and using the weak wire as a trigger, cheers! Report
March 5, 201511 yr comment_694841 As clapped out said I would think its the trigger wire too seems to be more common when the motor has warmed up .. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now