Ke20 3Tc Weapon

brett_qld

Members dont see this ad
I believe a plenum should be a minimum of double the engine volume, so at least 4L for a big bore 3t (~1950cc) not sure about the max volume? The bellmouths / trumpets should never be flush with plenum wall / floor, they should be raised. The reason being the slowest moving air is always at the boundaries of a plenum / pipe and the fastest at the centre. These might be too long, but they are the shortest dhla/dcoe ones I could find. The 4th cylinder opening is roughly half way in the plenum. Ideally theyd be slightly shorter and have a full radius instead of half radius.

Plenum volume can be between 1 and 2 x the engine capacity, 2 x usually used on engines producing well over 2 hp per cc.

Hypertune plenum

3876835601_940c591753_z_zpsro1sinbt.jpg

handy little chart, number 11 is what i was referring to.

plenum%20flow_zpsbdmvuwu2.jpg

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Made some pretty big changes, removed the coils and igniter module and replaced with logic level COPs to diagnose a miss / breakdown of spark. But it turned out that I just needed a 10k resistor on my VR sensor... ah well.

Ive also changed the turbo to a gt2560r, running a techedge O2 controller and switched to e85.

Have road tuned it and its hauling ass, quite easy to break traction in 4th without much provocation. Very happy with the results, the only thing holding me back now is the clutch can't cope with the big increase in power.

I have a 1g-gte 225mm flywheel and bellhousing and a w57 here for it. I have gone with CI's ga70 225mm sprung button clutch. This setup should be spot on.

• 11 months later...