My Ke70. One Owner Little Beauty... Pics Inside

MickCStephens

Recently inherited this from my Auntie who purchased it new from the local Toyota dealer WESTLAND TOYOTA Werribee. It had been garaged since new and was driven up until 2 years ago when my Auntie gave up driving after a few bingles.

Inside it is very clean and there are some really great parts along with some damaged parts.

I plan to get her running as my daily and slowly clean her up.

Photos below I have not washed it yet. Took some pics to show starting point.

Showing her worst side. Panel damage from 2 years ago from Auntie.

DSC_5702.jpg

DSC_5721.jpg

DSC_5709.jpg

DSC_5711.jpg

DSC_5714.jpg

DSC_5715.jpg

DSC_5719.jpg

Edited by MickCStephens

Members dont see this ad

It does look good!

Take the boot rubber off and clean underneath it, check carefully for any rust starting where the panels are welded together. Clean out down in the sides of the boot too, these cars leak rain in through the tail lights and it collects in the boot.

If the frame of the boot or bonnet is detached from the skin silicon them back on, they get real tinny-sounding and are likely to be easily damaged if not a solid unit.

Take the front bunper off and the plastic will ease off the steel frame, which you can then beat back into shape. Same with the back one.

Replace the bent guard and it will be a million dollars!

Look through "The Girls KE70" build in my sig for ideas on easy mods to do...

Looks to have pretty minimal rust. Good platform to build up.

Yeh for its age it has minimal rust visible. Ive found a spot under the fuel filler where it has a couple bubbles though. It was garaged daily over night all its life.

It does look good!

Take the boot rubber off and clean underneath it, check carefully for any rust starting where the panels are welded together. Clean out down in the sides of the boot too, these cars leak rain in through the tail lights and it collects in the boot.

If the frame of the boot or bonnet is detached from the skin silicon them back on, they get real tinny-sounding and are likely to be easily damaged if not a solid unit.

Take the front bunper off and the plastic will ease off the steel frame, which you can then beat back into shape. Same with the back one.

Replace the bent guard and it will be a million dollars!

Look through "The Girls KE70" build in my sig for ideas on easy mods to do...

Thanks for the tips. I’ll be working on it slowly as I'm a hopeless DIY person haha... Need to get it started first as it has a tank of stale fuel. Going to drain the tank this sunday, blow out the fuel line and wash the tank with Kero. Fill with fresh fuel and new filter and try fire her up.

If its been sitting for 2 years, change the oil, filter and plugs while your at it. Also, drop a tablespoon of deisel down each sparkplug hole and turn the motor over by hand before you start cranking.

Already been cranking haha

Ill do the fluids once it starts running. Just eager to hear it idle on its own and go for a drive.

Ive checked the oil and all fluids and they are fresh and at normal levels. Will drop the oil and do all fluid changes once it runs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Ticking sound might be an exhaust leak of sorts. I've struggled with 4k exhaust leaks before, that damn intake/exhaust combined gasket, what a pain.

Gotta have a think about suspension, brakes and the drive line if you are aiming that high. Big dollars and effort in those three words.

Yeh i wont be taking an engine conversion lightly. If its done, ill do it properly and factor in suspension, brakes, fuel system etc.

Ive been a Commodore man all my life but have fallen in love with the Corolla.

Yeh, I'm guessing I have a manifold leak of some sort. Just have been lazy to get around checking.

• 4 years later...

Holy S**T its been a while since ive been in here and I totally forgot I creating this thread. 

A bit has changed since I was here last. The KE70 ran out of rego, rust has set in while it sat for a couple years. 

It's time she got some TLC and ill keep this thread updated. 

Here are some photos of the rust thats set in. Its bad but can be saved. 

242587164_10166289665620311_5070041860997542345_n.jpg

242594919_10166289666295311_2797891623357945711_n.jpg

242659851_10166289666065311_4856179235928654388_n (1).jpg

242683266_10166289666645311_5041981736281499312_n (1).jpg