Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

A couple of years ago i picked up this KE35 here in the philippines. Pretty much it was just covered in rust and had just two passenger side seats and cheap carpet glued all over the place to cover up the rust. I figured It would be a good project for me to work on my body work and welding skills. turns out i was right, lots and lots of practice. 

277.jpg

  • Author

My first task was to see how bad the rust was, and i would say over half of the car needed repair. So i got to work stripping and cutting and cutting and cutting...... and cutting. untill pretty much half of the car was cut apart, I pretty much was determined to make my own panels for the car, I figured it was already hard enough to find parts so isntead the trouch and hammer and lots of bending and cutting and lots of youtube tutorails haha. 

02.jpg

03.jpg

20150910_144728.jpg

  • Author

After months and months and months I now had a descent understanding of what i was doing i guess haha. The doors and hood were completely reskinned. I decided to go with a shaved door kit for two reasons, 1 it looks cool, 2 i had less body work i would have to do! (the 2nd reason was the main reason!) 

2.jpg

test.jpg

20151112_152841.jpg

11947710_10207063601569113_3623581805816721614_o.jpg

  • Author

Finally more of the car started to take shape again. Lots of hammering and heating and forming and welding! But it finally started to look like a car again rather than swisschess. 

12316329_10207566429619500_7166695756509834880_n.jpg

20151208_165649.jpg

20151228_150900.jpg

  • Author

I did most of the metal work and did, I do not have a paint booth and i'm not very good with painting so i decided to take it to a shop to get painted. So far its not looking too bad. 

27934887_10208842115250455_1605071545_n.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
On 3/9/2018 at 9:40 AM, Mechanical Sympathy said:

Hooly dooly, that's some sheet metal skills and determination!

Thank you! It's been a long 2 years and most likely a longer way to go haha. 

 

  • Author
On 3/9/2018 at 10:47 AM, ke70dave said:

Yerp. That is dedication.

I like the actual painting, but holy moly i hate panel prep. Good on you for your persistence. 

 

I'm more confident with the metal work than painting. I figured also I just needed a brake haha 

  • Author

Since the body is in the shop being painted i have plenty of time to work on sooooo many other parts. 

When i got the car most of the electronics either didn't work or needed replacing. And since finding parts was a pain that i didn't want to do i figured i would just modify and replace if i could. 

I converted my tail lights to LED and try my best to repair them as best as possible. 

I created the LED panels and added sequential patterns for blinking. I also added a change over so that the brake light would shut off and let the turn signal work and then come back on after the signal was turned off. 

For the lenses i sanded and polished the crap out of them to try and bring back a descent shine. i needed up sanding off the lettering. Which i didn't mind. makes it a lot easier to wax and clean. I also painted the turn signals a matching red so that it looked like a solid red light. 
 

 

20180120_173249.jpg

20180225_181047.jpg

  • 3 months later...
  • Author

My wife named the car Bambie :)

 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.