April 1, 20188 yr comment_714088 Hey guys just recently brought my 1987 Ka67 AUTOMATIC Toyota Carina for a steal. Its running a 5k 3 speed automatic box and was curious to see if a k50 manual would bolt up to it? If so, what pedal box can i use to operate the clutch which was never there? I know its not a corolla, but i thought I'd give it a shot, sick of the crummy auto box already! Cheers! Report
April 1, 20188 yr Author comment_714089 Could i possibly use a pedal/box out of a Starlet to match up with the cable operated k50? Report
April 1, 20188 yr Author comment_714093 Any have any insight? Surely it would be the same as a ke70?! Report
April 1, 20188 yr comment_714095 Never see them over here, they're all in Malaysia-Indonesia. The clutch & pedalbox will have to suit the gearbox you buy, so yeah, cable for a K50 & a Starlet/Ke70 pedalbox. Wiki says they used 3T, 1S & 4A motors, so throw away the motor & box and fit something decent! How are those Altezza 3SGE/J160 packages selling over there? Are there many Carinas in wreckers yards with the right crossmembers? Report
April 2, 20188 yr Author comment_714102 I'm keeping it as my daily, so its not gonna be an extreme build! 3sge would be a good idea, they're not too expensive over here. I've got a x member off a bugeye k50 setup so hopefully that'll bolt up or need some fab work, I'm more concerned about the pedals if that'll be a prik or not lol But thanks for the reply greatly appreciated! Report
April 2, 20188 yr comment_714103 Quote I'm more concerned about the pedals if that'll be a prik or not Oh, it will be, no doubt about that! The dash comes out, steering off, thousands of screws and hidden connections, instrument panel, half the ventilation system.. Check out my topic about conveting a KE70 to manual. Worth it in the end though! If you can, go Altezza 3SGE. Easy power compared to the smaller 4AGE and easy driving for a daily. Get the whole package of a half-cut . Report
April 2, 20188 yr Author comment_714104 15 minutes ago, altezzaclub said: Oh, it will be, no doubt about that! The dash comes out, steering off, thousands of screws and hidden connections, instrument panel, half the ventilation system.. Check out my topic about conveting a KE70 to manual. Worth it in the end though! If you can, go Altezza 3SGE. Easy power compared to the smaller 4AGE and easy driving for a daily. Get the whole package of a half-cut . It'll be worth it definitely! Miss the old 5 speed! *crying * Will have to check out your content for sure man! Report
April 7, 20188 yr Author comment_714165 Has anyone got any pictures of ke70 pedal box? Heres my ka67, just trying to get a rough idea as the Starlet pedal set up sale fell through Report
May 26, 20188 yr comment_714631 Thats nothing like a ke70 pedal assembly, I looked it up on the epc, its completely different, and your brake booster is same as Cressida and corona FR Report
June 22, 20188 yr comment_714835 So u have a 5k yeh? Carinas came with the 5kj at some point, and had a T50 transmission connected with a K-T bell housing. Very rare according to our wiki, and 8 confirm that by searching the part number on the official parts database. 31111-12060available on 5KJ (J for Japan) engines only and about 1983 - 1988 corona, carina and corola. http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/jp/1983/carina-fr/ka67v-axmfsw/6_221130_036_/powertrain-chassis/3302_clutch-housing-transmission-case-mtm?pnn=31111&pa=3111112060 Edited June 22, 20188 yr by rebuilder86 Report
June 23, 20188 yr comment_714840 Nothing is impossible. the nissan s13 clutch pedal its its own pedal assembly. and im sure there are many cars around like it. I would have thought you could just get one and screw it to the carina firewall. go searching at the wreckers for something that might fit. drill some holes and your done. Looks like thatt red wire goes through where the clutch pedal goes. something would fit there or it would be pretty close:) Edited June 23, 20188 yr by ke70dave Report
June 23, 20188 yr comment_714843 I posted these somewhere for you I thought.. Both these cars are 1983, but the Hoonicorn is a flat-front with a 4K & K50 on a cable, & The Girls beast is a slanty with a 4AGE on a T50 hydraulic. So that pedalbox is from an AE71 that had a 4A-C motor. I hadn't noticed the pedals were so different, even though I converted them both from autos! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now