Everything posted by MrTougéTka
- Unknown Front Struts in Ka67 Wagon
- Unknown Front Struts in Ka67 Wagon
-
Unknown Front Struts in Ka67 Wagon
Alright so idk what ive done wrong with the installation, but the strut now clunks slightly. Got it rechecked and failed again on the "shock not being installed properly" for god sakes. It wasn't even that bad. Really minor play. But anyways i ripped it apart again and ended up insulator taping the shock body and spacer so it is now one whole unit and sat inside the strut body bloody snug. Thought I had it sussed then i rattled the top hat down till it was freakin tight and it improved but the clunking sound is still present. Had a look at the top hat and the bearing looked a bit shagged?
-
Unknown Front Struts in Ka67 Wagon
Update! Hey sorry for all my confusion, this insert game has been all new to me! I appreciate everyone who has added their 2 cents. Wether it be roasting me or not, i thank you. Lmao I've found working on these old skool cars to be quite challenging at times due to my lack of knowledge, but saying that I've learnt quite a fair bit during the process! Its been an awesome yet frustrating experience so far lol But Nothing beats working on your own sack of junk and turning it into something sick(; But in saying that..... The ae92 struts are in... the super lows slapped shut with thy top hat.... and the mighty blue turd will be off for its recheck tomorrow!
- Unknown Front Struts in Ka67 Wagon
- Unknown Front Struts in Ka67 Wagon
- Unknown Front Struts in Ka67 Wagon
-
Unknown Front Struts in Ka67 Wagon
An owner of this car along the lines has swapped out the factory suspension for ke70" struts ".. So all I'd need to do is buy some ae92 ones and swap the inserts? Apparently I'll need a spacer in the bottom of the strut body to make it compatible? Correct? Just taking a guys word from Toyota here.
- Unknown Front Struts in Ka67 Wagon
- Unknown Front Struts in Ka67 Wagon
- Unknown Front Struts in Ka67 Wagon
- Unknown Front Struts in Ka67 Wagon
- Unknown Front Struts in Ka67 Wagon
- Unknown Front Struts in Ka67 Wagon
- Unknown Front Struts in Ka67 Wagon
- Unknown Front Struts in Ka67 Wagon
-
Unknown Front Struts in Ka67 Wagon
I decided to replace my front shockies due to a major leak which caused a failed warrant of fitness. So i ripped into bnt and ordered a full set thinking all would be all cool.... Backs went in piece of piss... But to cut a long story short the front struts were completely different to the ones that i ordered. Apparently the ones i ordered were factory Carina inserts, but they have no seat for the spring?! Surely i shouldn't have to weld one on? so I'm guessing somebody along the line has converted the fronts to ke70 struts maybe?! I'll attach the struts in comparison and the list the part numbers. Because both struts have different part # Any help on the part numbers would be ideal! Please and thank you(:
-
Lowering blocks for Toyota Carina
- Lowering blocks for Toyota Carina
The shockies on the rear? Yeah it puzzled me. I'll flick through a picture of the damage- Lowering blocks for Toyota Carina
Gday guys! So I'm in a bit of a pickle at the mo. Took my car for a warrant(new zealand) to get it road worthy. Its failed on blown drivers side shock and cracks in the body/floor above the diff head. To cut a long story short the diff(from previous owners attempts to lower the car) had been slapping against the floor causing it to crack. Its been lowered(flattened leaves i think) and the bump stops above the ubolts have been cut in half! Lol but the stopper above the diff had been left normal height? If i ordered a generic set of lowering blocks would it stiffen up the rear and stop the so called diff slap? I'm guessing its getting the extra travel from the bump stops being modified. Any thought on this would be much appreciated. Need to get the cracks welded up to pass, then she'll be all go! Cheers, jayden.- K50 into 5k Ka67 Carina? Manual Swap.
- K50 into 5k Ka67 Carina? Manual Swap.
- K50 into 5k Ka67 Carina? Manual Swap.
- K50 into 5k Ka67 Carina? Manual Swap.
- K50 into 5k Ka67 Carina? Manual Swap.
- Lowering blocks for Toyota Carina