Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ke70 rear diff, backlash, torque specs needed

Featured Replies

Hi

I need some help with getting the info for what backlash and bearing torque, preload etc is on my ke70,  regular jap diff.

Does anyone have it in a workshop manual or something? i can't find it either on google or in the haynes.

 

Helps is greatly appriciated.

I used these when changing the oil seal on the Celica T-series in my KE70.  Not a lot of help to you I'm afraid, the rest will be on Google somewhere.

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

  • Author

Thanks for ur help.

I'm hoping someone has a workshop manual or something, i have googled up and down, and seems hard to find the info for the ke70.

 

I don't have one, but you could have one for $47

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/haynes-toyota-corolla-ke70-1981-1984/SPO1879535.html

I have had enough trouble with diffs over the years that i just get the backlash and pinion depth set professionally. IF you get it wrong by the tiniest amount wrong, the diff will eat it self in no time (just ask me how i know...)

KE70s don't have a regular Jap diff, they have a regular BorgWarner... 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.