Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Weber 32/36 4K Jetting

Featured Replies

Hello from Cyprus.

Ok guys I really need your help re-jetting my Weber 32/36.

I' ve searched the entire internet and can't seem to find a straight answer.

I have a stock 4K engine on a KP36 Ute. Bought the engine brand new from an old part store, doesn't even have serial numbers on it :)

These are the following installed so far:

  1. Stock 4k motor
  2. Weber 32/36 manual choke
  3. 4 X NGK BPR5EY Spark Plugs
  4. AccuSpark Electronic Ignition
  5. AccuSpark 12V Red Coil
  6. Custom Extractors
  7. 4K Heavy Duty Water Pump
  8. 71 Degrees Celsius Low Temp Stainless Racing Thermostat
  9. Racing Mechanical Fuel Pump

I  recently followed the advice from an old post in another site and tried re-jetting it with the following:

primary main jet = 125, aircorrector = 180, emulsion tube = F50, idle jet = 55
secondary main = 130, aircorrector = 195, emulsion tube = F6, idle jet = 50

The car drives like SHIT.

This is my everyday car. I start it up at 5am and needs 10min to warm up. I pull the choke and it shuts off.  As soon as I start driving it just hesitates. It's driving me mad.

I even bought an electronic distributor and brand new coil and sparks.

What are the best Jet Sizes I can use? You are my last hope.

Swap the mains between them and see what difference it makes. It sounds like its running lean.  Might pay to check the choke operation too, it should open the throttle as well as closing the flap in the throat, and often you can adjust those separately. Make it open more throttle as it closes the flap.

A 32/36 is bigger than a stock 4K can handle easily, but if you've got it you might as well use it.

Check the float level, it could be set low. Also adjust the accelerator pump linkage to increase off idle enrichment. If there is not enough fuel flow from the acceletrator pump, it causes hesitation. It could also look at the accelerator pump check valve [ stuck open ] that leads into the cylinder for the accelerator pump piston.  Find someone who can read plugs [old school] A lean idle will have a clean metal electrode on the spark plug, a correct idle mixture will have a small dark band at the very tip of the metal. Once it is drivable,  the plugs will indicate the adjustments needed for mid-range and what mixtures. Davew7

  • Author

***FIXED UPDATE***

I have to say that I finally found and fixed the issue. The mains where too small making the engine running lean.

What I used :

primary main jet = 125, aircorrector = 180, emulsion tube = F50, idle jet = 55
secondary main = 130, aircorrector = 195, emulsion tube = F6, idle jet = 50

What should be used in a stock 4K engine with a Weber DGV 32/36

  MAIN AIR EMULSION IDLE
PRIMARY 140 165 F50 55
SECONDARY 135 160 F6 50

Works like a charm.

Many thanks to  altezzaclub and  davew7 

These two sources also helped a lot:

https://ratsun.net/topic/2125-weber-carb-hesitation/

http://www.3fowlers.com/Weber Trouble Shooting Guide.pdf

Edited by focus218

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.